Search on Site

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Recent Posts

Country Bladesmith

May 2, 2020
I’m about to place an order with Smokingpipes, and would like to try some GLP blends. I’ve had Triple Play and Telegraph Hill, but I’d like to try some Lat-forward or Oriental-forward blends.
Some non-GLP blends I enjoy, for reference:
Arango Balkan Supreme
C&D Stratfordshire
F&K Lancer Slices
SPC Hood Canal
SPC Plum Pudding

Thanks 👍

Country Bladesmith

May 2, 2020
If you like VA based Union Square and Penny Farthing are both great blends as well
I do, but I’m stacked pretty deep in Virginia right now. Was looking more at medium to heavy Englishes, Balkans, or something more Oriental-forward. I’ll keep those in mind though.

Country Bladesmith

May 2, 2020
Samarra. It is by far my favorite GLP blend, I’ve been smoking it on and off for 20 years. It is based on a blend from Drucquer & Sons where Greg got his start. It‘s an all time classic as far as I’m concerned.
I damn near ordered it. I’ll put it in the cart for next time.

Reactions: tfdickson

hoosierpipeguy

Preferred Member
Jan 28, 2018
Union Square, Montgomery, Meridian, Temple Bar, Gaslight, Navigator, Chelsea Morning, Maltese Falcon, Quiet Nights, Westminster, Jack Knife Plug and Triple Play. All very good blends.

Reactions: Country Bladesmith

Nomadorb

Feb 20, 2020
CA
I find GL Pease blends to be a bit less rough around the edges as C&D. I wonder why that is, when they use the same tobaccos.

Cairo and Embarcadero are mellow Virginia and Oriental blends. Cairo has just a dash of perique. Quiet Nights and Spark Plug are also tasty.

stogie37

Mar 24, 2012
North Carolina
Kensington is an absolutely superb middleweight Balkan that’s been shuffled to the back page over the years. Piccadilly is an excellent light English and Ashbury “buries” the Latakia, but there’s just enough to make it my favorite oriental forward blend. Could live happily off those three blends in rotation!

rushx9

Preferred Member
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
Charing Cross is excellent if you like buttery, woody, floral, spicy orientals. Medium on latakia. Similar to Durbar or London Mixture. It's really the only GLP Lat blend I've tried, so the only one I can recommend, but I liked it enough to get the half-pound can.