PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 27, 2020
[/QUOTE]
View attachment 30273
Smoking a sample of Verge Engine Retrodrive that this guy sent me ^^^
out of my 1974 Silver Mounted Peterson Donegal Rocky 86. It seems a bit sweeter and deeper than the regular VEO? But not a huge difference. I’ve been slacking on this thread trying to jump back in!!

I zoomed in trying to see the mileage of your car and what your gas level was but sadly couldn’t make it out.

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
Finally dried out, eh?

Well, yes. It was on the dry side when I opened the tin, although there were no holes in the tin. Bit like a bugger when I smoked it. I rehydrated it and cellared it for a several years to let it even out. I sampled it a few times in the past years. I figured I’d give it a try today. I have to say, it’s come a long way. No bite, I’m really enjoying it.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I zoomed in trying to see the mileage of your car and what your gas level was but sadly couldn’t make it out.
[/QUOTE]
60k... 3/4 ?
Not sure why I can’t quote this.
@puff_not_snuff

Reactions: cshubhra

virkia

Lifer
Jan 30, 2020
Mac Baren: HH Rustica Flake in a Meer...
Cgx56mB.jpg
What a bobby-dazzler and with what looks like its original amber stem still in one piece after about one hundred and forty years.
Interesting they way your gorgeous pipe is coloured with its mottled patination - three quarters of the bowl pale to darker where it meets the shank . . . patination presumably resulting from a wire disc slotted into the bowl about two thirds of the way down?
Only mention this bit about the wire mesh disc because I have an early 1860s/'70s briar cutty with just such a device lodged in its bowl. Being briar the disc is clearly not used as an aid to colouring part of the bowl but to create a calabash style air chamber.

Status
Not open for further replies.