PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stokesdale

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2020
Stokesdale
I know this topic may not be for everyone, but handguns are just flying 'off the shelves' so to speak with all these stay at home orders. My wife and I are big handgun enthusiasts and Smith and Wesson enthusiasts in particular--we don't have any long guns and I would like to keep this topic about handguns only, although if you have a unique long gun, please tell us about that as well. I am particularly fond of revolvers from a 1956 Model 37 Chiefs Special Airweight to a modern 500 (I have 14 revolvers), but also have quite a few semi-autos (7 in my collection). My wife is a big semi-auto fan (she has 8 of these), but also has a few revolvers (I think she has 3). What is your favorite brand and type?

tenton

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 8, 2019
Haven't owned that many handguns, but my favorite is the S&W 686 .357.
Also like the Taurus Raging Bull .454. I like shooting the .45 LC round.
Not crazy about semi-autos, but my buddy has an H&K 9mm pistol that is absolutely wonderful.

stokesdale

Apr 17, 2020
Stokesdale
Kimbers, sig Sauer, and smith& wesson m&ps for me. Kimbers for bragging and looking nice and quality shooting. Sig Sauer range and carry and M&ps for carry.
The M&P single stackers are excellent carry guns--extremely accurate and dependable for semi's; my wife and I both carry the 9mm Shield, although I switch between that and a 638 revolver sometimes.

tkcolo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2018
Granby, CO
I have a SW 686+ that I love. I had a Sig P239 that was sexy, but I'm not a handgun guy. My 13yr old son just got a Tikka T3X in 6.5 CM that is a 1/2 MOA, and that is probably due to to a lack of ability. My favorite is my Savage Model 16 bear hunter in 300 WSM with an integrated MB.

adui

Can't Leave
Aug 26, 2019
Mesa Arizona
Favorite manufacturer, (modern handguns) Ruger. I have fire the S&W 7 shot, and admit its got a noticeably nicer trigger, but there is just something about how my first GP100 6" fit in my hand. I had to buy a new one because some turd decided he wanted mine more than I did. The new one has Hague grips that I don't care for. Someday I'll buy the original style grips for it.

Others I own and like: Taurus Millenium G2, CVA Colt Navy .36 caliber percussion revolver and my wife's LCR, (actually I'm not fond of shooting this one but it is a nice carry gun)

Long gun of note: my .50 Muzzle loader is my absolute favorite firearm right now. Eventually I want a Kibbler longrifle.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
I'm an Old School with this as well, Revolvers are always dependable ,and If You ask me my favorite is time tested S&W standard 38cal Military &Police model also 38cal short barrel S&W Chief Special is quite handy piece, I could go on and on about pistols(German and Soviet production)but it is clear and we all know for fact, there no better revolvers than U.S made ones ,starting from Colt single action six shooters

stokesdale

Apr 17, 2020
Stokesdale
I'm an Old School with this as well, Revolvers are always dependable ,and If You ask me my favorite is time tested S&W standard 38cal Military &Police model also 38cal short barrel S&W Chief Special is quite handy piece, I could go on and on about pistols(German and Soviet production)but it is clear and we all know for fact, there no better revolvers than U.S made ones ,starting from Colt single action six shooters
I agree 100%! And the revolver that I am looking hard at right now to add to my collection is exactly a Colt made revolver! I want one (well, I want 2 different models) bad!!! LOL

Akousticplyr

Lifer
Oct 12, 2019
Florida Panhandle
Pistol- I've always been partial to Beretta as it was my standard issued sidearm on deployment. I have a stainless M-9 that has become an extension of my arm at this point. The last couple deployments I've used Sigs and they were fine weapons, too. I'm happy with my Springfield Armory XD for every day carry.

Rifle- I'm enamored by Springfield Armory, especially with my M-1 Garand. A piece of history! The receiver is a six digit serial number (mfg Aug 1941) and barrel is Feb 1943. It's the most accurate firearm I've ever shot.

I have a few books on their development; it's fascinating how we ended up with the most successful battle implement ever devised, to paraphrase Gen. Patton.

stokesdale

Apr 17, 2020
Stokesdale
I am also an XD fan, just fits my fat palm short fingers hand better than the others.
I've always found it interesting that there is always a handgun out there that is suited to different quirks of the shooter. My wife's trigger finger is bent at the last digit due to a horse riding accident she had years ago. She needs to always make sure the trigger is set far enough forward to accommodate that, anything too close to the grip and she can't get the leverage she needs for a smooth action pull.

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
I know this topic may not be for everyone, but handguns are just flying 'off the shelves' so to speak with all these stay at home orders. My wife and I are big handgun enthusiasts and Smith and Wesson enthusiasts in particular--we don't have any long guns and I would like to keep this topic about handguns only, although if you have a unique long gun, please tell us about that as well. I am particularly fond of revolvers from a 1956 Model 37 Chiefs Special Airweight to a modern 500 (I have 14 revolvers), but also have quite a few semi-autos (7 in my collection). My wife is a big semi-auto fan (she has 8 of these), but also has a few revolvers (I think she has 3). What is your favorite brand and type?
If you want, check out a thread called Show Off Your ATF Here. A lot of members posted pics of some really nice firearms!

Status
Not open for further replies.