PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
I could never get into the trigger on the XD. Have you tried a Glock? I’m a full convert and have that 43. A 17, and 21. I’d like to get a 10mm but I’ve already got a Colt Delta Elite.

Get the Glock. Stocking up on 10mm’s is always a solid move. I have 3 and I love my G20 and G29. However, the Sig is my favorite.

My EDC is a G29 loaded, quite literally, for bear.

Reactions: kurtbob and BROBS

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
This is not going to go down well here but I think to open a thread on 'show us your preferred killing device ' on a pipe smoking forum (allegedly an easy going pastime) during a world pandemic is in my opinion more than crass.

Come on guys, can't you think of a more uplifting or positive 'show us your.....' thread in these horrid times?

Regards,

Jay.?

Tobacco kills exponentially more people than guns every year. Who’s crass, now?

Although, I suppose in the essence of remaining easy going, particularly when the notion of being controversial was recognized prior to posting as indicated by the first nine words of your first sentence, you could have opted for the high road and declined to comment. An action which appears to be quite preferable to spouting this nonsense, in retrospect.

americaman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 1, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
This is not going to go down well here but I think to open a thread on 'show us your preferred killing device ' on a pipe smoking forum (allegedly an easy going pastime) during a world pandemic is in my opinion more than crass.

Come on guys, can't you think of a more uplifting or positive 'show us your.....' thread in these horrid times?

Regards,

Jay.?

Let me guess, you’re British. I could be wrong, but this sounds like you’re coming from a country that doesn’t understand the right to bear arms. There’s nothing wrong with people wanting to show off their guns (which is their right in America) alongside their pipes.

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
I know there are quite a few hunting/firearm buffs on here so I thought it would be kinda cool to show off your ATF’s Without the alcohol cause, we all know alcohol and firearms don’t mix! But tobacco and firearms is hard to beat! Heading to work with my daily carry and a pipe full of Prince AlbertView attachment 26845
That must be some high octane coffee in the travel mug though :)

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
SetWidth2400-DSCN5366.JPG

Again not a photo of mine, but it might as well be. A gift from my dad that he Purchased in 1973

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
Browning Hi Power
View attachment 26924
not a photo of mine, but it might as well be.
A Belgian work of art designed by John Moses Browning
My favorite 9mm. JMB was a once in several lifetimes genius. The 1911, Hi Power, Winchester 1886, the Ma Deuce, the BAR, the Auto5....any one would have secured the inventor lasting fame. A brilliant mind.

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
I could never get into the trigger on the XD. Have you tried a Glock? I’m a full convert and have that 43. A 17, and 21. I’d like to get a 10mm but I’ve already got a Colt Delta Elite.
Yeah man, trigger is better for sure! The problem is I have a big palm and short sausage fingers lol. The XD just fits my hand better so I can shoot it way more accurately. They are both fine guns and are straight up ammo without fail eatin machines just better feel for me