- largest lounge/shop I've seen
- predominantly cigars, but plenty of pipe tobacco

JR Cigars - Whippany NJ
- also off I-78
- wonderful remodeled lounge

Edleez Tobacco - Albany NY
- small shops, lot of estate pipes

Cup O'Joes - Lake George NY
- Hey, Lake George? Who doesn't want to go here!
- huge shop, tons of pipes/tobacco

Park Lane Tobacconist
- great house blends (rivals Boswells selection/quality)
- On the way to Cup-O Joes!
- great selection of premier pipes (Castello, etc.), some estates
- new lounge

Those are the ones I'm familiar with.

I'll have to hit Cup O'Joes in Lake George sometime. I've driven through it a bunch of times heading to Montreal, even stopping for lunch there a time or two. Didn't know Cup O'Joes was there or I would have sought it out. And yeah, every time I stop in Lake George, I always think to myself I should just vacation there.

Moonbog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 22, 2020
Commuting to visit my wife-to-be, she kindly led me to Nat Sherman on Manhattan before moving to N.C. to be with me, for love and butter beans she says. I don't know about a designated trip, but when in the vicinity of Raleigh, N.C., I'd sure stop by Pipes by George on Hillsborough Street, between NCSU campus and the downtown, about two miles past the Fairgrounds where the TAPS pipe show is. The shop is a grand old plank floor store front near a bicycle shop and tattoo parlor with a pencil disclaimer on the door about it being a smoking area. Good pipes, good leaf, good company, a pipe oasis.

Been to Nat Sherman quite a lot, but not in a few years. So conveniently located if you're taking the train in from Connecticut. like a 10 minute walk, if that, from Grand Central. I think it's still there. Great place.

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
This is the Tinder Box that I go to often. Dennis (owner) is a great guy and makes you feel very comfortable...not intimidating to new smokers. Years ago his shop was in the Cherry Vale mall, now it's across the street next to Sonic Drive-In. He has mostly "house" blends and a few tins on occasion. He also has an Ascorti that he designed and it's stamped "Tinder Box 169" that I eyeball every time I visit.

Don't mind me, I just have a running joke about the old days of classic Tinder Box selling weird tchotchke along with their tobacco blends (i.e. pixie figurines, silly looking canes, etc) . That's how it used to be when I was a teenager. Every shopping mall had a Tinder Box selling mostly ornamental doodads.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
A lot. Was able to hit the last two shops in LA- Tinderbox and Kramers before they closed. Road trip to Palm Springs- Hit the Sanctuary in San Luis Obispo. Good pipe shop in Santa Barbara, and then Palm Desert has a good one.

Smoking Lounge in Santa Barbara. Two pipes acquired. Great spot.

IMG_5189.jpeg

boston

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2018
Boston
In the Boston area Erlich and owner Paul is always a pleasant visit; no tinned tobacco, only house blends, but a good cigar selection.

Peretti has never been an inviting place....and believe me, I've been here a long time have given many chances. Some good tobacco and some truly horrible people...I've not been there in two years now...I'm done with them.

Watch City West of Boston has a very good cigar selection, but best of all some very excellent pipe tobacco's...tinned and house blends, and it has Ernie Q, who is a nice fellow to visit with.

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
If ever in Phoenix, Ye Olde Pipe shop / Stag Tobacconists. Plenty of pipes new and estate, lots of pipe tobacco. Stag in North Scottsdale (same owners) has a great outdoor patio smoking area. Good people.

This right here. I always stop at Ye Olde Pipe and Tobacco when I’m in or going through Phoenix. Not much in the way of pipe centered B and Ms in Tucson. Some great cigar shops (Anthony’s Cigars) but not much pipe tobacco.

docrameous

Can't Leave
May 6, 2019
Colorado
Does anyone have a favorite in Colorado?

For me in London it has got to be J J Fox and Davidoff (very close to each other). There are probably one or two more that I need to check out too.

Lyon0oq

Jul 31, 2012
New Providence, NJ
Same here, when I have time. I'll be headed to Boston in May for work, and you better believe I'll be making a stop at Peretti. Same goes for TCS in Jackson. Looking forward to both.

If you are heading to Boston you also want to get out to Cambridge Square and stop in at Leavitt & Peirce, its just steps away from the T (their subway).

Lyon0oq

Jul 31, 2012
New Providence, NJ
Been to Nat Sherman quite a lot, but not in a few years. So conveniently located if you're taking the train in from Connecticut. like a 10 minute walk, if that, from Grand Central. I think it's still there. Great place.

Still in the same place, was there over the Christmas holidays. Their Hobart cigar was created in honor of my graduation from Hobart College in 1992... the fact that Larry Sherman was in my class may also have had something to do with it.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

Lyon0oq

Jul 31, 2012
New Providence, NJ
A lot. Was able to hit the last two shops in LA- Tinderbox and Kramers before they closed. Road trip to Palm Springs- Hit the Sanctuary in San Luis Obispo. Good pipe shop in Santa Barbara, and then Palm Desert has a good one.

Smoking Lounge in Santa Barbara. Two pipes acquired. Great spot.

Looks fantastic, I'll be hitting it up for sure the next time I'm in SB. There is actually a new B&M in Los Angeles, Tobacco Trader at 12967 W Washington Blvd, Culver City 90066. Smaller shop, but it is a real pipe and cigar shop, and not some vape/head shop with a few ancient bags of Captain Black gathering dust.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

bent1

Lifer
Jan 9, 2015
WV
This is an important thread IMHO. I like to support local shops, had three great shops in Columbus OH when I left the area in 2008. Now I’m in a desert, nothing but grocery store offerings.

In the pittsburgh PA area, there are three I am familiar with as listed;

Allegheny Smoke Works Allegheny Smokeworks | Pittsburgh's Favorite Tobacconist! - https://www.alleghenysmokeworks.com/

Elfumador EL FUMADOR ONLINE CIGAR SHOP | TOBACCONIST | PIPE TOBACCO STORE - http://www.elfumador.com/

JM Boswells. Home - Boswell Pipes - https://boswellpipes.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.