PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 4, 2019
East TN
Anyone ever make deliberate pilgrimages to a B&M? Or when on a roadtrip perhaps make a sideline to a B&M?
I frequently travel between Knoxville and DC and make it a point to stop at the Milan Tobacconist in Roanoke.
Im also contemplating trips to the Briary in Alabama and the Country Squire in Mississippi since they are "close". How about Y'all? Deliberate trips to destination B&Ms?

Reactions: jpmcwjr

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Commuting to visit my wife-to-be, she kindly led me to Nat Sherman on Manhattan before moving to N.C. to be with me, for love and butter beans she says. I don't know about a designated trip, but when in the vicinity of Raleigh, N.C., I'd sure stop by Pipes by George on Hillsborough Street, between NCSU campus and the downtown, about two miles past the Fairgrounds where the TAPS pipe show is. The shop is a grand old plank floor store front near a bicycle shop and tattoo parlor with a pencil disclaimer on the door about it being a smoking area. Good pipes, good leaf, good company, a pipe oasis.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I haven't been to a b/m in years. Before Florida screwed the pipe tobacco business I used to be a regular visitor to Benningtons in Sarasota which is about 10 miles from my house. I miss going there but I refuse too pay 24 dollars for a 9 dollar tin of Escudo. It wasn't Benningtons fault but the states.

If I were still a cigar smoker I would definitely visit them a lot. The owners are great guys.

Reactions: BROBS

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
I have half a mind to drive to Rockford IL just to visit the last remaining Tinderbox store in my state. You know, just to check that they're still selling knobby canes.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I have half a mind to drive to Rockford IL just to visit the last remaining Tinderbox store in my state. You know, just to check that they're still selling knobby canes.
This is the Tinder Box that I go to often. Dennis (owner) is a great guy and makes you feel very comfortable...not intimidating to new smokers. Years ago his shop was in the Cherry Vale mall, now it's across the street next to Sonic Drive-In. He has mostly "house" blends and a few tins on occasion. He also has an Ascorti that he designed and it's stamped "Tinder Box 169" that I eyeball every time I visit.

Reactions: logs and BROBS

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Country Squire - Jackson MS
- definitely worth the trip
- easy off on I-55

John B Haynes - Winchester VA
- easy off I-81
- great shop, lots of pipes/estates/tobaccos

Bowell's - Chambersburg PA
- 2 miles off I-81, 18 miles North of the MD state line
- great shop and lounge

Cigars Unlimited - Hamburg PA
- right off I-78, North-east of Harrisburg PA
- largest lounge/shop I've seen
- predominantly cigars, but plenty of pipe tobacco

JR Cigars - Whippany NJ
- also off I-78
- wonderful remodeled lounge

Edleez Tobacco - Albany NY
- small shops, lot of estate pipes

Cup O'Joes - Lake George NY
- Hey, Lake George? Who doesn't want to go here!
- huge shop, tons of pipes/tobacco

Park Lane Tobacconist
- great house blends (rivals Boswells selection/quality)
- On the way to Cup-O Joes!
- great selection of premier pipes (Castello, etc.), some estates
- new lounge

Those are the ones I'm familiar with.

I visited JR a couple of years ago. At that time they had some pipe tobacco. I read in the forum that they do not carry pipe tobacco any more. Is that true?

It’s about an hours drive for me - however with so much variety online for both pipes and cigars, I never had the motivation after the first time.
Country Squire - Jackson MS
- definitely worth the trip
- easy off on I-55

John B Haynes - Winchester VA
- easy off I-81
- great shop, lots of pipes/estates/tobaccos

Bowell's - Chambersburg PA
- 2 miles off I-81, 18 miles North of the MD state line
- great shop and lounge

Cigars Unlimited - Hamburg PA
- right off I-78, North-east of Harrisburg PA
- largest lounge/shop I've seen
- predominantly cigars, but plenty of pipe tobacco

JR Cigars - Whippany NJ
- also off I-78
- wonderful remodeled lounge

Edleez Tobacco - Albany NY
- small shops, lot of estate pipes

Cup O'Joes - Lake George NY
- Hey, Lake George? Who doesn't want to go here!
- huge shop, tons of pipes/tobacco

Park Lane Tobacconist
- great house blends (rivals Boswells selection/quality)
- On the way to Cup-O Joes!
- great selection of premier pipes (Castello, etc.), some estates
- new lounge

Those are the ones I'm familiar with.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Pretty sure JR is internet only now.
and they do carry pipe tobacco but mainly otc.

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
If ever in Phoenix, Ye Olde Pipe shop / Stag Tobacconists. Plenty of pipes new and estate, lots of pipe tobacco. Stag in North Scottsdale (same owners) has a great outdoor patio smoking area. Good people.

If ever in San Diego: touristy, but cool pipe history and legit pipe tobacco shop, Racine & Laramie in old town.

Status
Not open for further replies.