Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Santa delivered big time at my house! 2 blends I've not tried but have been really wanting to. Can't wait to try both. As a VaPer fan I'm really looking forward to the Cabbie's Mixture. The Westminster should be perfect as I prefer my English blends more towards Balkans. There's something about Balkans that really hits the spot when you want it plus they seem to get the lat just right. And throwing a bourbon barrel aged chocolate in the mix is perfect. I loves me some chocolate and bourbon. Thank you Matt, er, I mean Santa! ???

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
1st gift I opened and just snuck away to post this. Many Thanks to Jaytex969! I got 3 blends, none of which I have tried and all 3 right in my wheelhouse.
The John Cotton Smyrna I have wanted to try just never got around to buying it. Same with Amphora Burley after all those great reviews. The Rare Breed Gurkha is what I am starting with because of the tin art lol. The ingredients on the tins lead me to believe I am going to really enjoy both.

Both tins have 2 1/2 years of age on them as well!

Thanks again Jay! Merry Christmas!13488

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Gee, looking at the label on the box I think I know who sent it. THANK YOU Dan! Avery thoughtful gift my friend. I like light blends like this before breakfast on an empty stomach.
UNtZov7.jpg
...rotf

lightxmyfire

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2019
DMV Area
Santa delivered big time at my house! 2 blends I've not tried but have been really wanting to. Can't wait to try both. As a VaPer fan I'm really looking forward to the Cabbie's Mixture. The Westminster should be perfect as I prefer my English blends more towards Balkans. There's something about Balkans that really hits the spot when you want it plus they seem to get the lat just right. And throwing a bourbon barrel aged chocolate in the mix is perfect. I loves me some chocolate and bourbon. Thank you Matt, er, I mean Santa! ???

View attachment 13483

so glad you’re happy with what I... er I mean Santa got you! I’m glad to hear that you hadn’t tried either of those blends too, let me know what you think when you do!

lucky695

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 2, 2013
I'd like to say I waited until Christmas morning, but circumstances forced me to crack at the eleventh hour. I'm flying out of town with my family tomorrow afternoon and I'll be damned if I was going to wait until I returned before opening the box from my Secret Santa.

In brief, I made out like a bandit. Mr. Wheeler was unbelievably generous, and gifted me three amazing tobaccos. In addition to Escudo (an absolute favorite of mine), he gave me a tin of Dunhill's Flake, which I've always wanted to try but never have, and a large bag of vintage 2002 Christmas Cheer. If that weren't enough I got a very cool bottle opener that he made himself, and which I've already put to good use on some Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Thank you Secret Santa!

View attachment 13424
Merry Christmas!!

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I posted earlier in the thread that I asked my wife to peek in my Secret Santa package to see if the tins were gift wrapped. She stated that they were individually wrapped and there was also a poem in the box and told me not to read it. I now understand why...
View attachment 13440

the poem is full of hints of what was in the box...a pipe, tins and a book. Here is what I received and I couldn't be happier.

View attachment 13441

My Secret Santa sent me a book about one of my favorite subjects, Early American History. Also two tins of tobacco that are new to me and I'm assuming there is some age on them. The G.L. Pease Westminster has a date stamp on the bottom 122107 and best of all a 1959 Dunhill Root Briar, my birth year.

What a wonderful gift and I am so grateful for my Secret Santa's generosity. Thank you very much Secret Santa and Merry Christmas.

a birth year Dunhill? A book? Wow! If that is the mark for next year, I don't think I will be able to participate.

As for my recipient, they have not posted, so I can only assume they died of excitement or of disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.