PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidsaulmarshall

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 18, 2019
Cambridge, MA
It depends how sensitive your taste buds are. For me, a good standard cleaning would probably do it. A few smokes and it would be good, or maybe right away. But if you really hate any slight afterglow of Latakia, extend the cleaning until you feel comfortable. How much did you smoke the pipe? Less smoking takes less cleaning.

I only smoked it around once or twice a week, so it really didn't take that much effort at all to get everything out.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
I have had the same issue with every estate I have bought from respectable resellers
that clean the heck out of them, sanitize, et all.
I load them & smoke & repeat till it is gone. Doesn't take long.

headhunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2013
I’ve had good luck with cotton balls and white vinegar. I know it sounds strange but it works. Use it just like you do with cotton balls and Everclear.

Epip Oc'Cabot

Can't Leave
Oct 11, 2019
I suppose being an “old codger” type by habits, my opinion will be out of the norm.... but for me, the concept referred to as “ghosting” never bothered me a bit. If I switched tobaccos, I presumed the prior flavors would linger for a certain number of bowls full after the switch until they were no longer there.

I guess the end point is that I expected a transition period, and did not mind or worry about the “purity” of one tobacco’s flavor over another.

Reactions: UncleRasta
Status
Not open for further replies.