PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Heh. What interests me more about the system is the moisture trap. If that thing doesn't work without a P-lip or the tenon extension, I guess I'm better off passing on a Pete.

• Wow
Reactions: BROBS

DavidT

Might Stick Around
Nov 12, 2019
Iowa
The system as a whole P-Lip and all it's parts are working very well for me. But I'm still a bit new to this pastime so haven't developed any preferences either way for pipe designs.

This is the only pipe I have ever owned that has passed the "day at the office" test solo.I'm a local truck driver (grain, rock, sand,,, your basic long dump work). I really don't have alot of time to fiddle with pipe cleaners or carrying around 5-6 pipes to get me though the day. I put 4 bowls of 1-Q, 1 bowl of Vanilla Custard and 1 Irish flake through the Pete today without a single problem.When I got home I pulled the stem off, ran a couple pipe cleaners through it and 1 down the stem.The stem was for the most part clean. The "gook" stayed in the well like it was supposed to.

I look at my new Pete system as a working mans pipe.It's usable all day long and with little fuss. That's what I was looking for and I found it with this particular model Pete. I do have a Savinelli Churchwarden 921, a few cobs, and a little nosewarmer I got in a starter kit from pipesandcigars about a week or so ago.but I'm going to save those for when I have more time spend with it.

Reactions: Casual

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
I tell ya Mr. David, in your shoes I might keep two or three cobs in the truck. You can beat the h**l out of ‘em, let ‘em cool for a minute and load ‘em right back up, run a quick bristled around the bowl, throw ‘em in the glovebox, leave ‘em on the seat, etc. And no big if you lose one or wear it out and toss it.

Just spitballing!

/cheers

jojoc

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 10, 2019
To be fair a spigot isn’t a true system either as it doesn’t have any tenon extension puffy
True, but neither does the "standard" system pipes. I guess maybe there are very few "true" system pipes. :ROFLMAO:

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Heh. What interests me more about the system is the moisture trap. If that thing doesn't work without a P-lip or the tenon extension, I guess I'm better off passing on a Pete.
all other systems beside the spigot have a tenon extension.. even a standard system. It's part of the stem.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I tell ya Mr. David, in your shoes I might keep two or three cobs in the truck. You can beat the h**l out of ‘em, let ‘em cool for a minute and load ‘em right back up, run a quick bristled around the bowl, throw ‘em in the glovebox, leave ‘em on the seat, etc. And no big if you lose one or wear it out and toss it.

Just spitballing!

/cheers
cobs are OK but burn up inside and you're smoking corn cob and plaster and wood dowel no matter how you look at it.
also they are not very robust.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I don't think they're bad that way just kind of fragile and doesn't give the same smoke as a briar.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion

See what I mean? That's gunk after several scrubbings. I eventually gave up. But if I had continued, I'da kept getting gunk out till the trouts came home.

Now, a briar pipe after only 2-3 scrubbings with the paper towel:

Vauen_Basic_Bowl.jpg

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
cobs are OK but burn up inside and you're smoking corn cob and plaster and wood dowel no matter how you look at it.
also they are not very robust.

Goodness! I’ve got cobs I bought back in ‘07 that are still great smokers to this day — still in use. YMMV I guess. I stand by my cob advice :)

tulsagentleman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2019
I have 3 Peterson P-lip system pipes and I love them. Since I wear dentures, the P-lip directs the smoke to the roof of my mouth and not my tongue which results in a cooler smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.