Pipemaker from the Country of Beer, Fries and Waffles (Oh and Semois)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

massis

Lurker
Nov 21, 2019
I frequent many forums and have been lurking at pipesmagazine for a while, but somehow I never got round to making an account over here.
Time to make amends.

I've been smoking pipes since 2010 after a cigar topic on gaming forum I frequented at the time. Less than a year after I made my first pipe with the idea that I was perfectly capable of making a great pipe myself for much less money then those sold online. (hint: I was not. At all.)

I've been managing the dutch & belgian pipesmokers forum for 8 years now as well, which is an amazing community to be a part of.

General about me: I'm 32, father of 2, and besides pipemaking, I'm also into skydiving, woodturning and bushcraft/camping.
And obviously, I live in Belgium :)

Last edited:

massis

Lurker
Nov 21, 2019
I'm not a fan of Semois honestly, I think it's too dry & grassy :)
My dream has always been to emigrate to Australia, but I also know it will probably never happen.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Pipemaker from the country of Beer, Fries and Waffles (oh and Semois)

And one of my favorites...chocolate.

Welcome from Illinois.

massis

Lurker
Nov 21, 2019
What are some of your favourite blends?

I have a silly wide favorite spectrum. One of my current favorites is St. Bruno's Ready Rubbed, I like most Latakia's. But on the other hand I also really love me some aromatics, like Winslow's Harlekin, No1, ...

My all time favorites include 2 tobacco's that were made/rebranded for our forum with the help of Arno Van Goor (the gentleman behind The Dutch Pipesmoker blog) which are called "Genietmoment" ('joyous moment', a blend with coffee & vanilla, which is superb) and 'Brullende Leeuw' ('roaring lion' which is a fantastic Latakia blend)

And one of my favorites...chocolate.

Welcome from Illinois.

Ah yes, of course!

tobefrank

Lifer
Jun 22, 2015
Australia
I have a silly wide favorite spectrum. One of my current favorites is St. Bruno's Ready Rubbed, I like most Latakia's. But on the other hand I also really love me some aromatics, like Winslow's Harlekin, No1, ...

My all time favorites include 2 tobacco's that were made/rebranded for our forum with the help of Arno Van Goor (the gentleman behind The Dutch Pipesmoker blog) which are called "Genietmoment" ('joyous moment', a blend with coffee & vanilla, which is superb) and 'Brullende Leeuw' ('roaring lion' which is a fantastic Latakia blend)

Ah yes, of course!
I haven’t gotten into Latakia much yet. I’m more of a VaPer smoker, but I do enjoy light English blends such as McClelland Wilderness.

I’ve got a few tins of Latakia blends that are waiting for me to try them such as Ashton Artisan’s blend, 3 Oaks Syrian and GLP Gaslight.

Humblepipe

Lifer
Sep 13, 2019
Guerneville, CA
I frequent many forums and have been lurking at pipesmagazine for a while, but somehow I never got round to making an account over here.
Time to make amends.

I've been smoking pipes since 2010 after a cigar topic on gaming forum I frequented at the time. Less than a year after I made my first pipe with the idea that I was perfectly capable of making a great pipe myself for much less money then those sold online. (hint: I was not. At all.)

I've been managing the dutch & belgian pipesmokers forum for 8 years now as well, which is an amazing community to be a part of.

General about me: I'm 32, father of 2, and besides pipemaking, I'm also into skydiving, woodturning and bushcraft/camping.
And obviously, I live in Belgium :)

Cool. I spend a good amount of time in Belgium. I have some very good life-long friends there.

Status
Not open for further replies.