Pipemaker from the Country of Beer, Fries and Waffles (Oh and Semois)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina, U.S. With all that going on in life, you need to settle down with a pipe now and then. I connected on a flight to Belgium on my way to Amsterdam. Got there in time for the herring season.

Reactions: anotherbob

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Sask_welcome.jpg

Reactions: cosmicfolklore

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
I frequent many forums and have been lurking at pipesmagazine for a while, but somehow I never got round to making an account over here.
Time to make amends.

I've been smoking pipes since 2010 after a cigar topic on gaming forum I frequented at the time. Less than a year after I made my first pipe with the idea that I was perfectly capable of making a great pipe myself for much less money then those sold online. (hint: I was not. At all.)

I've been managing the dutch & belgian pipesmokers forum for 8 years now as well, which is an amazing community to be a part of.

General about me: I'm 32, father of 2, and besides pipemaking, I'm also into skydiving, woodturning and bushcraft/camping.
And obviously, I live in Belgium :)

A most heartfelt welcome!

Don’t give up on making pipes :) Keep at it!

mityahicks

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 18, 2018
You familiar with Francois Dal pipes? I've been eyeing those for awhile.

Welcome to the forum from Richmond, VA

massis

Lurker
Nov 21, 2019
Welcome from Spokane Washington. I'd be interested in seeing a pic of two of pipes you've made!

feel free to hop on over to my website, massispipes.com, but other than that, here's a pipe I finished yesterday. Quite pleased with it to be honest!

And one from a little while ago, a hybrid experiment with resin:

You familiar with Francois Dal pipes? I've been eyeing those for awhile.

Welcome to the forum from Richmond, VA
I've met Francois a few times on our forum meetings, a very pleasant guy and he makes nice pipes. I was lucky enough to see a few of them in person at those meetings.
However I haven't seen a pipe from him in quite a while now...

mityahicks

Nov 18, 2018
Yeah, I contacted him for a commission and he was very accommodating, but he seemed very busy with pipes being a side project.

Your pipes look great! Keep up the good work.

massis

Lurker
Nov 21, 2019
Neat pipes. Maybe you'll be the new Gubbels. puffy

Thanks, but no thanks. Gubbels was a big factory with dozens of workers, making cheap entry level pipes mainly. Good ones, but cheap factory nonetheless. Too bad they went bankrupt (again and final this time).

I'd rather be the new Bo Nordh, although that's obviously a pretty wild and distant dream :p

Reactions: jpmcwjr and kurtbob

indoeuro

Jul 30, 2019
Central Texas
I frequent many forums and have been lurking at pipesmagazine for a while, but somehow I never got round to making an account over here.
Time to make amends.

I've been smoking pipes since 2010 after a cigar topic on gaming forum I frequented at the time. Less than a year after I made my first pipe with the idea that I was perfectly capable of making a great pipe myself for much less money then those sold online. (hint: I was not. At all.)

I've been managing the dutch & belgian pipesmokers forum for 8 years now as well, which is an amazing community to be a part of.

General about me: I'm 32, father of 2, and besides pipemaking, I'm also into skydiving, woodturning and bushcraft/camping.
And obviously, I live in Belgium :)
Welcome to the forum!

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
Ack!

I read this part of your OP:

”Less than a year after I made my first pipe with the idea that I was perfectly capable of making a great pipe myself for much less money then those sold online. (hint: I was not. At all.)”

And thought you’d set the idea down... image my surprise at those beauties you posted pictures of! Wow, stellar work!

Reactions: jpmcwjr

JohnnyAZ

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 14, 2019
Welcome! I spent some time in Belgium (SHAPE) and the Netherlands while in the Air Force, loved it all.

Reactions: kurtbob

massis

Lurker
Nov 21, 2019
Thank you for the warm welcome everyone!

Ack!

I read this part of your OP:

”Less than a year after I made my first pipe with the idea that I was perfectly capable of making a great pipe myself for much less money then those sold online. (hint: I was not. At all.)”

And thought you’d set the idea down... image my surprise at those beauties you posted pictures of! Wow, stellar work!

Thanks! Took me 8 years and I still consider myself very much a novice, having made less than 75 pipes. I have too many hobbies...

Reactions: kurtbob and jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.