PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mityahicks

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 18, 2018
Anyone know when more of this blend will be made? My budget couldn't support TAD this month and I had to act with restraint.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Hmm. Well, the last time it ran out they restocked it in a couple days. Stay strong.

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
Looks like there was a short window of opportunity overnight...

I woke up in the middle of the night and checked the site. Actually I hadn’t really thought about buying any of this, since I’ve kinda blown my TAD budget in the last several weeks.

I actually didn’t know they had run out. Saw it was available and recalled the buzz on the board, so I ordered a pound. And some SG, and some Nor’easter, which sounds like a good blend.

I checked back to see if it shipped and saw they were out again. The initial release of 150 lbs isn’t a large quantity, so I guess I’m not surprised.

Im looking forward to trying it out after all the positive reviews here though.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
This thread is now killing me.

First I thought, naw, I don't need another blend. Now seeing that the perique is going towards the plum/fig side and away from pepper (any VaPer that does this is worth trying in my book) I wish I'd ordered some. I'll have to get some on the next go around.

stbruno70

Jul 9, 2013
I am smoking yet another bowl of Rouxgaroux now and enjoying it even more.

Perique can be versatile. Sometimes peppery or tangy or sweet or figgy. In this blend, it is fig or jam-like but not cloying. Perhaps that sensation is boosted by the Simply Red underneath.

This blend is destined to become a classic.

cohibajoe

Mar 2, 2018
Branchburg, NJ
Had my 1st try yesterday....Nice flavor as it needs some age to smooth out as a bit rough on the draw (Perique). I like tobacco that transitions into the next flavor profile. I will try this again during Christmas week.

Reactions: dcon

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
In an ideal world, Jim’s review would describe it in terms of its smoking characteristics, but without a numeric score, but I don’t think that option is possible.

I know I could write an objective review, but I also believe some people would likely have a problem believing that. I'm not sure I want to deal with that.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I know I could write an objective review, but I also believe some people would likely have a problem believing that. I'm not sure I want to deal with that.

Yeah, but you're overlooking all the people that are anywhere from butt hurt to near suicidal because you won't write a review. Just goes to show you can't keep everyone happy no matter what you do. Just kidding jim, you should do what you're comfortable with.

Status
Not open for further replies.