PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Just a PSA. This is Ernie's new blend of Simply Red and Perique, perhaps some other small condiments (don't know). Rumor has it that JimInks corroborated on putting this blend together. Available now, 16 oz purchase limit. Posted on another site that 150 lb was made.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Reactions: JimInks

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
From the WAYS thread, I know Jim has been smoking it. Did Jim write a review of it?

I really don't think I should review it since I am the co-creator of the blend. While I know I could easily write an objective review, I also feel certain that some people would accuse me of being biased. I don't think it's worth the trouble of dealing with that, even though I did it for free.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Not sure of a review for it, but he did say this about Sutliff's Elizabethan Match and I agree. Kept me from picking up the Rouxgaroux.

I was just reading my comment. What I meant to write was that Match Victoria is the best value VaPer on the market. I think you'd like what Ernie and I came up with. Btw, I wasn't paid to help make that blend. I volunteered.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just a PSA. This is Ernie's new blend of Simply Red and Perique, perhaps some other small condiments (don't know). Rumor has it that JimInks corroborated on putting this blend together. Available now, 16 oz purchase limit. Posted on another site that 150 lb was made.

It ended up being more than that. And yes, I did co-create the blend.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I'm not sure if I smoked the absolute final mix but it waS one of the final revisions. As one might expect the Simply Red shoes through with rich, sweet flavor. The Perique was more fig and plum spicy than peppery. If you like Simply Red and Rhythm & Blues, you'll probably like this one. It reminds me a bit of Viprati with slightly richer, sweeter Virginia flavors.

Reactions: rmpeeps
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I really don't think I should review it since I am the co-creator of the blend. While I know I could easily write an objective review, I also feel certain that some people would accuse me of being biased. I don't think it's worth the trouble of dealing with that, even though I did it for free.

Jim, I suspect it will be quite some time before Ernie makes enough of this blend for it to last more than a day or two. I for one would like to see your review.

Reactions: aquadoc and JimInks

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Jim, I suspect it will be quite some time before Ernie makes enough of this blend for it to last more than a day or two. I for one would like to see your review.

I appreciate that, but even giving full disclosure before writing the review would open me up to a charge of bias, and I'd just as soon deprive some knucklehead of the joy of claiming I was biased rather than having to deal with it.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I appreciate that, but even giving full disclosure before writing the review would open me up to a charge of bias, and I'd just as soon deprive some knucklehead of the joy of claiming I was biased rather than having to deal with it.
Jim,

Knuckleheads abound. Why care what they think, assuming that they think. Your reviews have helped a lot of people for years. The idea that you would trash that over one blend is a dumb idea.

You'll offer a clear description of what you taste, like you always do. And if you rate it highly, well why wouldn't you? It's not likely that you'd go to the trouble to get a bad blend made.

It's a blend that you wanted to see made, and you helped it to get made. If anyone has an issue with that, it's that guy's issue. No need to make it yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.