PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmansmoking

Part of the Furniture Now
May 13, 2017
UK
I have to say this tobacco blew me away. I felt as if a brick wall hit me. I have been very disappointed by most of the tin tobacco’s. The reviews allured me to buy them, but I wasted my money. Nightcap, Elizabethan, 1792, Full vergina Flake, cabbies Mixture to mention a few all hopeless, but not Peterson Irish Flake. This is fantastic full flavoured very strong and bursting with nicotine. You get your money’s worth. I would buy it again. Great tobacco.
Pipe Used: Various
Age When Smoked: New 1 year old tin
Purchased From: E A Carey’s
Similar Blends: Gawith and Hoggarth Sliced Brown Twist.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
I have to say this tobacco blew me away. I felt as if a brick wall hit me. I have been very disappointed by most of the tin tobacco’s. The reviews allured me to buy them, but I wasted my money. Nightcap, Elizabethan, 1792, Full vergina Flake, cabbies Mixture to mention a few all hopeless, but not Peterson Irish Flake. This is fantastic full flavoured very strong and bursting with nicotine. You get your money’s worth. I would buy it again. Great tobacco.
Pipe Used: Various
Age When Smoked: New 1 year old tin
Purchased From: E A Carey’s
Similar Blends: Gawith and Hoggarth Sliced Brown Twist.

If strong flavor or nic hit or both entertain you may I suggest Five Brothers and Ten Russians.

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Smoking a bowl as we speak in a Peterson Short Classic 15. Oddly, when I first smoked it, it was very smooth and sweet, with the herbal tea-like flavors dominating. After being in a fairly often opened jar for about 5 months, I get much more Dark Fired spice now. Maybe my palette is just having an off night, though. I wouldn’t expect a blend to get more fiesty with age, so it must be me. Regardless, one of my top 5 tobaccos to date. So good, in fact, I ordered 10 tins to cellar once it came back in stock after my first initial tin. Very, very good flake.

Reactions: vates

mityahicks

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 18, 2018
I picked up a tin. Always glad to have tobacco on hand to chase the nicotine dragon. For some reason 5 brothers doesn't usually ring me.

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
Irish Flake is very good, but has become unavailable to me. When I want something strong I smoke 1792, Lakeland Dark, ODF or Royal Yacht. All very good blends. FVF may be my favorite blend of all time, but va/pers like Dunhill Navy Rolls and SG St James Flake are gaining on it.
I'll add that none of these were love at first sight/smoke. Sometimes you've got to grow with it.

Reactions: J.Henry845

whsergent

Can't Leave
Jan 8, 2020
I agree its great stuff. Liking IF you might try checking out G&H dark flake unscented when you can find it.

Also, University Flake is delicious, a little less nicotene, but a tasty plum topping and good hearty tobacco goodness.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I should get another tin to re-visit this one. I enjoyed the tin I had alright but didn't love the flavoring and found it a definite notch lower in strength than my favored dark flakes and ropes. I did enjoy it much more than University Flake, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.