PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stbruno70

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2013
The new site is a vast improvement. While it may take some getting used to - as anything new can be - the look, feel and enhanced features of the new rig are grand.

Kudos to Kevin and the beta testers for making this happen.

peregrinus

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Pacific Northwest
I access the forum on my phone 95% of the time and the update works much more intuitively and has a much clearer look and better functionality on mobile devices. And like it or not, mobile is not the future, it is the now.
A change like this is always a gamble, but the remarkable upturn in user stats Kevin posted the other day must make him giddy at the success.
Congratulations!

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Meh, still freezes on my phone.
The very reason I seldom go to the forum on my phone. Never had issues with my phone before the change.

I still like the new forum better because I prefer being on my Chromebook...bigger screen.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
The new site is a vast improvement. While it may take some getting used to - as anything new can be - the look, feel and enhanced features of the new rig are grand.

Kudos to Kevin and the beta testers for making this happen.

Agreed. I especially like the drag-and-drop feature for including images in posts.

Meh, still freezes on my phone.

It might be my out-of-date operating system on my phone but the new site won't format properly on my phone, whereas the old site did. Kind of a bummer.

My biggest criticism of the new site is the emoji codes. If I type the letters p-u-f then I'll get the puf emoji. For an example, I'll type the word "p-u-f-f-i-n-g": puffing

Because of this, we end up with some unintended emojis in our posts sometimes.

On the whole though I am enjoying the new site and think it's a big improvement

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
Do we have any stats on how many people joined since the update? Or the number of post's compared M/M - To see the impact on traffic?

Status
Not open for further replies.