PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Recent Posts

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
There are several threads running that discuss the site redesign, features, what they like and don’t like. There’s still tweaks to be made with fixes for certain devices.

Some of these discussions speculate that traffic may have increased.

I just looked at the numbers for the first time since the relaunch.

OH. MY. GOD.

A couple of years ago, we peaked at 40k users / month.

Earlier this year, we we’re down to 20k.

The last 30 days we had 67k.

Nice!

Bengel

Sep 20, 2019
Glad to hear, I suspected an "uptick" was happening. Congrats all let's grow community!

mso489

Preferred Member
Feb 21, 2013
Impressive to say the least. It piques my curiosity. How many were already members, new members, formerly dormant members, and so on? And what alerted people to the new site? This is an impressive potential readership for people just doing posts, and certainly sponsors. Since I already thought the membership was pretty dynamic, I didn't notice the increase, but that shows how smoothly the newbie and returnees were brought into the conversation. Congratulations, Kevin.

Patrick_Green

Sep 25, 2019
Texas
Well I joined up with fresh eyes on the forum after the site change. For the most part I just got into the hobby, and wanted advice... Everything I searched on google, this forum was at the top. Whatever changes you made, may have improved your SEO (Search Engine Optimization). Aside from that maybe the hobby is undergoing a revival. As to why that might be I cant say.

georged

Preferred Member
Mar 7, 2013
Imagine how many more STILL would come around if the layout wasn't like reading a two inch wide book that's three feet tall...

Reactions: Patrick_Green

alaskanpiper

Preferred Member
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I'm sure much of the new traffic is due to the fact that the layout looks superb and reads so much easier than it used to. Oh yeah, the great community and engaging content may have a little to do with it as well. Again, EXCELLENT WORK guys! Couldn't be happier with the new changes.