*** What Are You Smoking?*** (September 2019)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

2 Fresh Missouri Meerschaum Pipes
3 Fresh Bill Shalosky Pipes
36 Fresh Peterson Pipes
9 Fresh Moonshine Pipes
18 Fresh Rossi Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Enjoyed a bowl of 1820 original on the porch in a Dunhill Cumberland apple. It’s gotten a bit better than the first bowl but it’s still a long way from Margate or Pembroke

Reactions: oldtoby

eddiedds

Lurker
Sep 2, 2019
This morning I started with Marlin Flake, in a Grabow freehand. Blissfully bliss.
I hate the 6mm paper, and balsa wood filters. So, I ripped open a dental cotton role. Removed a 2mm thick bundle of cotton, rolled it to fit the diameter. It worked like a dream. I find that since it's made for absorption, it not only absorbs liquids, but it trapped so much tar it scared me afterwards seeing it. So much harshness is removed that the flavors are more noticeable, and not diluted with harsh ash, or tar. Then I grabbed my trusty old Luca Vanetti and packed McConnell Scottish Cake. Tonight, it'll be probably 2 more bowls, have not decided what.

M

Marindas

Learning to appreciate Virginias with John Cotton's Double Pressed Virginia in a "Luxor" (Chacom second) Canadian. Sipping V8 blueberry/pomagranit juice cut with water.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
Some amazing rose geranium concoction with the last of my twist supply in a six inch meerschaum 'cutty' since I am marooned in Florida and left a Bee Hive of black twist behind before boarding the train down south! I have loads of Grasmere Flake to keep me going until my return so no reason to panic about my well being!
Was it the GH RG Plug that Glyn had a few years ago? God, that was maybe the best stuff I ever smoked.

lelik

Lifer
Aug 21, 2019
Five Brothers in Sumer meer.
6jGsfK8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.