Welcome to The Pipes Magazine Radio Show Episode 447! Our featured interview tonight is with Linwood Hines. Linwood has been in the business and the hobby for years and is one of the founding members of the Conclave of Richmond Pipe Smokers (CORPS). This show is our fourth in Volume II in our series of “Seven Questions for Seven Experts”. Over the course of seven weeks, we will ask seven prominent pipe collectors the same seven pipe related questions, and see how their answers compare. At the top of the show, for our pipe parts segment, Brian will prove the importance of a pipe’s stem with a tale of two stems. Sit back, relax with your pipe, and enjoy The Pipes Magazine Radio Show!
Use our player above – or – Choose one of the Apps below.
Seven Questions for Seven Experts
1. If you could only cellar 100 tins, would you prefer to have 100 tins of one blend, 50 tins each of two blends, 25 tins each of four blends, or ten tins each of ten blends?
2. What would those blends be?
3. What is the oldest tobacco you have smoked, and how was your experience with it?
4. How has your preference in pipes changed over time?
5. What is the pipe you own that has the most sentimental value, and why?
6. How does situation affect your pipe and tobacco choice, like outdoor versus indoor, morning versus evening, on the go or in a chair?
7. Which famous pipe smoker from the past would you like to share a bowl with? It has to be someone you’ve never met.
The Pipes Magazine Radio Show features interviews with pipe makers, tobacco blenders, pipe and tobacco aficionados, collectors, and more. Episodes air every Tuesday.
We hope you enjoy our 1-hour show produced just for you—the pipe smoker and collector.
Linwood Hines Interview