PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
This subject crossed my mind the other day while listening to an interview with someone who will be competing in the upcoming summer Olympics. The phrase I’ve come to hate, as it seems to be used by everyone lately when doing an interview is: it was all so surreal. It’s gotten to the point that whenever I hear an actor/actress, and or celebrity use that phrase or word during an interview I want to place my foot through the T.V. screen.
To throw out one more phrase that I’ve come to hate, and seems to have become a catch all phrase for just about everything would be: it is what it is.
I’ve got more than my share of other words and phrases that have been over used and that I’ve come to loath, but I’ll leave the the rest up to you. Hey, the subject may be all too surreal for you, but it is what it is. :wink:

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
The most overused word that I cannot stand to hear or read any more is robust.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

"Do you know what I mean?"

"Seriously"

"Basically"

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
In answering a question, beginning: "So, ...."
"At risk" as an adjective, as in "at risk children," "at risk communities," wobbly unspecific
"Revisit," as we'll come back to the subject later. Huh, show me.
There's another one that's recent that I may yet recall, that drives me nuts -- I'm blocking on it.
And the guys who have to call you "Boss," "Captain," "Chief," etc., to make it comical that they would ever have any respect for you, to relieve their unspecified gripes with life.

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
My list seems to grow daily. "I FEEL LIKE" All these 20 something people I have to look after. "I feel like this should be different, pay more, blah,blah blah! I don't care what they "feel like".. Just do the damn job!

Or "I identify with"............This one is REALLY starting to get to me!

If I identify as a bear, can I go outside naked and take a crap in my neighbors yard? And NOT be locked away?
In the pipe world "grassy and haylike" There should be a better way to describe tobacco, cause smoking grass or hay does not sound very appealing.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
"Tell it like it is," which simply means, be rude as hell, especially toward anyone I don't like, and never mind how it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.