Where is all the Maltese Falcon?

(29 posts)
  • Started 6 months ago by blackadderlxx
  • Latest reply from kola
  1. blackadderlxx

blackadderlxx

Login to Send PM

Hey all,

I've been looking for Maltese Falcon in the 8oz cans for months. All of the major online stores have been out. There was a brief period a month or two back where a limited amount of 2oz tins made an appearance, but that ended within a few days.

Has anyone heard anything as to why this is so?

Posted 6 months ago #
  2. morgansteele

morgansteele

Login to Send PM

I don't know about 8 oz., but I received a 2 oz. tin from P&C ten days ago and picked up one from my B&M this week.

Posted 6 months ago #
  3. carolinachurchwarden

carolinachurchwarden

Login to Send PM

Haven't seen any 8 ounce tins in a while. I have it set up for a one time email alert over at smoking pipes in case it ever does hit. Would love to pick up an 8 ounce tin or two when it does. I love it and was very fortunate to pick up a tin about a month ago and have been really enjoying it. It seems to show up now and again, but it would be best to have it set up on the email alerts to grab it when it lands.

"If you can't send money, send tobacco." - George Washington

Posted 6 months ago #
  4. blackadderlxx

blackadderlxx

Login to Send PM

Haven't seen any 8 ounce tins in a while. I have it set up for a one time email alert over at smoking pipes in case it ever does hit. Would love to pick up an 8 ounce tin or two when it does. I love it and was very fortunate to pick up a tin about a month ago and have been really enjoying it. It seems to show up now and again, but it would be best to have it set up on the email alerts to grab it when it lands.

I hear you. I've had email alerts for months at all of the major sites. No joy. I'm down to my last couple of pinches...

Posted 6 months ago #
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

erhardt85

Login to Send PM

I was wondering the same thing about Drucquers Levant Mixture as well. I haven't clue but perhaps they're having a hard time finding special oriental tobaccos. I'm glad I purchased an 8 oz. Tin a year ago because I love Maltese Falcon. I really want to try Levant Mixture. I would be very sad to see Maltese Falcon go and I won't be opening the jars in my cellar until I see it's return to market. I'm a little worried at this point but I still have hope.

Posted 6 months ago #
  6. cohibajoe

cohibajoe

Login to Send PM

've been looking for Maltese Falcon in the 8oz cans for months

For many month's no 8oz...I have been finding 2oz Tins from SP, P&C and another. It would
    be ashamed this blend does goes away. OH...you can also add Quiet Nights 8oz

Posted 6 months ago #
  7. sablebrush52

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings

Login to Send PM

Have you tried contacting any B&Ms? Online is only part of the supply chain.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

It is pointless to argue with a fanatic since a dim bulb can't be converted into a searchlight. - Jesse Silver
    Posted 6 months ago #
  8. blackadderlxx

blackadderlxx

Login to Send PM

For many month's no 8oz...I have been finding 2oz Tins from SP, P&C and another. It would
    be ashamed this blend does goes away. OH...you can also add Quiet Nights 8oz

Actually, in the time that has passed since I've last seen Maltese Falcon (it has to be 4-5 months now) I HAVE seen Quiet Nights (and Gaslight) several times and have even bought a few 8oz cans. Which leads me to believe that although they are popular and frequently out of stock, maybe something different is going on with MF.

Have you tried contacting any B&Ms? Online is only part of the supply chain.

I've visited three and had no luck. All three had good stocks of many blends, including GLP.

Posted 6 months ago #
  9. seacaptain

seacaptain

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

You... you bungled it. You and your stupid attempt to buy it. Kemedov found out how valuable it was, no wonder we had such an easy time stealing it. You... you imbecile. You bloated idiot. You stupid fat-head you.

Posted 6 months ago #
  10. jiminks

JimInks

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

William Conrad owned it for years, but the family sold it after he passed away.

Posted 6 months ago #
  11. peckinpahhombre

peckinpahhombre

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

See Sykes' comment in the link below. That was in late July. Hopefully we will see more MF soon.

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/the-disappearance-of-maltese-falcon

Posted 6 months ago #
  12. cwpiperman

cwpiperman

Login to Send PM

You... you bungled it. You and your stupid attempt to buy it. Kemedov found out how valuable it was, no wonder we had such an easy time stealing it. You... you imbecile. You bloated idiot. You stupid fat-head you.

Thank you soooooo much Mr.Cairo. I needed this tonight......I'm laughing so hard I retrohaled my Virgil's Root Beer.....

CW

Black Frigate Scurvy Dog, 4th Class...Savvy?

Posted 6 months ago #
  13. User has not uploaded an avatar

foursidedtriangle

Login to Send PM

Someone must really like it. Doesnt mean that it is actually good though, and it is not bad just Westminster is like that but with stronger flavour.

Posted 6 months ago #
  14. carolinachurchwarden

carolinachurchwarden

Login to Send PM

Someone must really like it. Doesnt mean that it is actually good though

I personally really enjoy the hell out of it. I think it's one of the best tobaccos I have tried and love. It is certainly going to be one of my future go to's, if I can ever get my hands on enough of it to stockpile. It's all up to personal taste though, so obviously this is just my opinion, but a lot of others share the same opinion of it. In fact, I think the muttnchop piper even had a video saying it would be is sole desert island smoke.

Posted 6 months ago #
  15. swilford

swilford

Login to Send PM

See Sykes' comment in the link below. That was in late July. Hopefully we will see more MF soon.

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/the-disappearance-of-maltese-falcon

Yeah, but I was somewhat wrong (about the getting back to normal soon bit) when I wrote that, but didn't know it at the time. After I wrote that we ran into a supply shortage on a component, which will be an issue for another few weeks. So, in that thread I suggested things would be back to normal with it soon (as of July). I was wrong.

It'll be back on shelves this fall sometime, but we don't know exactly when yet. I think we're close to having that sorted, but we really don't know for sure exactly when yet.

Sykes

Posted 6 months ago #
  16. carolinachurchwarden

carolinachurchwarden

Login to Send PM

Good information, Sykes, thank you for that. I look very much forward to seeing it back in stock!

Posted 6 months ago #
  17. civilwar

civilwar

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Sykes, Thanks for the update

Posted 6 months ago #
  18. rthbaum

rthbaum

Login to Send PM

That is good news. I was starting to panic. We have already lost McClellan if GL Pease goes away I will really be depressed. I am hoping for the 8 oz tins so I can buy a few pounds worth.

Posted 6 months ago #
  19. jrenko

jrenko

Login to Send PM

Good, then i have some more time buying other GL Pease blends.

Posted 6 months ago #
  20. blackadderlxx

blackadderlxx

Login to Send PM

Yeah, but I was somewhat wrong (about the getting back to normal soon bit) when I wrote that, but didn't know it at the time. After I wrote that we ran into a supply shortage on a component, which will be an issue for another few weeks. So, in that thread I suggested things would be back to normal with it soon (as of July). I was wrong.

It'll be back on shelves this fall sometime, but we don't know exactly when yet. I think we're close to having that sorted, but we really don't know for sure exactly when yet.

Sykes

This is exactly the kind of information I was hoping to get. Please forgive my ignorance but I'm still pretty new here. You work for smokingpipes.com?

Posted 6 months ago #
  21. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Availability on various blends has been spotty. Peterson 3-P is on-again-off-again. HH Burley Flake seems to be in small tins only (all I wanted, to try it, but I noticed ...).

Posted 6 months ago #
  22. swilford

swilford

Login to Send PM

This is exactly the kind of information I was hoping to get. Please forgive my ignorance but I'm still pretty new here. You work for smokingpipes.com?

I run the parent company of Smokingpipes.com, LDG, Cornell & Diehl, and Peterson of Dublin. I'll change the website in the sig line to corporate.laudisi.com (because, yeah, why is this random Smokingpipes guy answering questions periodically for C&D and Peterson and whatnot?).

Posted 6 months ago #
  23. techie

techie

Login to Send PM

My SP One Time Alerts show I am #3 in line to be notified when MF comes in, so hopefully I'll get the opportunity to finally try this one soon.

Posted 6 months ago #
  24. blackadderlxx

blackadderlxx

Login to Send PM

I run the parent company of Smokingpipes.com, LDG, Cornell & Diehl, and Peterson of Dublin. I'll change the website in the sig line to corporate.laudisi.com (because, yeah, why is this random Smokingpipes guy answering questions periodically for C&D and Peterson and whatnot?).

I appreciate you taking the time to answer.

Posted 6 months ago #
  25. jrenko

jrenko

Login to Send PM

Any more news when it will be back?

Posted 5 months ago #
  26. blackadderlxx

blackadderlxx

Login to Send PM

Any more news when it will be back?

Right??? I know I find myself checking SP with greater frequency as we get closer to Thanksgiving....

Posted 5 months ago #
  27. jrenko

jrenko

Login to Send PM

Got a mail from Jeremy Reeves
    Head Tobacco Blender from
    C&D a few hours ago and to keep it short, it seems we dont have to wait too long now. He was hopeful that the missing ingrediant will turn up next week. Might be a awesome christmas present if we are lucky

Posted 5 months ago #
  28. blackadderlxx

blackadderlxx

Login to Send PM

Got a mail from Jeremy Reeves
    Head Tobacco Blender from
    C&D a few hours ago and to keep it short, it seems we dont have to wait too long now. He was hopeful that the missing ingrediant will turn up next week. Might be a awesome christmas present if we are lucky

This is good news. Dear Lord, please let it be so!

Posted 5 months ago #
  29. kola

kola

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I just love these wonderful shortages. $$$$$

I treat people the way they treat me. It's that simple.
    Posted 5 months ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   carolinachurchwarden, kiwiazz74