PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackadderlxx

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2018
Hey all,
I've been looking for Maltese Falcon in the 8oz cans for months. All of the major online stores have been out. There was a brief period a month or two back where a limited amount of 2oz tins made an appearance, but that ended within a few days.
Has anyone heard anything as to why this is so?

morgansteele

Can't Leave
Mar 23, 2018
I don't know about 8 oz., but I received a 2 oz. tin from P&C ten days ago and picked up one from my B&M this week.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Haven't seen any 8 ounce tins in a while. I have it set up for a one time email alert over at smoking pipes in case it ever does hit. Would love to pick up an 8 ounce tin or two when it does. I love it and was very fortunate to pick up a tin about a month ago and have been really enjoying it. It seems to show up now and again, but it would be best to have it set up on the email alerts to grab it when it lands.

blackadderlxx

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2018
Haven't seen any 8 ounce tins in a while. I have it set up for a one time email alert over at smoking pipes in case it ever does hit. Would love to pick up an 8 ounce tin or two when it does. I love it and was very fortunate to pick up a tin about a month ago and have been really enjoying it. It seems to show up now and again, but it would be best to have it set up on the email alerts to grab it when it lands.
I hear you. I've had email alerts for months at all of the major sites. No joy. I'm down to my last couple of pinches...

erhardt85

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2017
I was wondering the same thing about Drucquers Levant Mixture as well. I haven't clue but perhaps they're having a hard time finding special oriental tobaccos. I'm glad I purchased an 8 oz. Tin a year ago because I love Maltese Falcon. I really want to try Levant Mixture. I would be very sad to see Maltese Falcon go and I won't be opening the jars in my cellar until I see it's return to market. I'm a little worried at this point but I still have hope.

cohibajoe

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 2, 2018
Branchburg, NJ
've been looking for Maltese Falcon in the 8oz cans for months

For many month's no 8oz...I have been finding 2oz Tins from SP, P&C and another. It would

be ashamed this blend does goes away. OH...you can also add Quiet Nights 8oz

blackadderlxx

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2018
For many month's no 8oz...I have been finding 2oz Tins from SP, P&C and another. It would

be ashamed this blend does goes away. OH...you can also add Quiet Nights 8oz
Actually, in the time that has passed since I've last seen Maltese Falcon (it has to be 4-5 months now) I HAVE seen Quiet Nights (and Gaslight) several times and have even bought a few 8oz cans. Which leads me to believe that although they are popular and frequently out of stock, maybe something different is going on with MF.
Have you tried contacting any B&Ms? Online is only part of the supply chain.
I've visited three and had no luck. All three had good stocks of many blends, including GLP.

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
You... you bungled it. You and your stupid attempt to buy it. Kemedov found out how valuable it was, no wonder we had such an easy time stealing it. You... you imbecile. You bloated idiot. You stupid fat-head you.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
William Conrad owned it for years, but the family sold it after he passed away.

Dec 24, 2012
See Sykes' comment in the link below. That was in late July. Hopefully we will see more MF soon.
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/the-disappearance-of-maltese-falcon

cwpiperman

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2018
You... you bungled it. You and your stupid attempt to buy it. Kemedov found out how valuable it was, no wonder we had such an easy time stealing it. You... you imbecile. You bloated idiot. You stupid fat-head you.
Thank you soooooo much Mr.Cairo. I needed this tonight......I'm laughing so hard I retrohaled my Virgil's Root Beer.....
CW

foursidedtriangle

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 22, 2018
Someone must really like it. Doesnt mean that it is actually good though, and it is not bad just Westminster is like that but with stronger flavour.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Someone must really like it. Doesnt mean that it is actually good though
I personally really enjoy the hell out of it. I think it's one of the best tobaccos I have tried and love. It is certainly going to be one of my future go to's, if I can ever get my hands on enough of it to stockpile. It's all up to personal taste though, so obviously this is just my opinion, but a lot of others share the same opinion of it. In fact, I think the muttnchop piper even had a video saying it would be is sole desert island smoke.

swilford

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2010
Longs, SC
corporate.laudisi.com
See Sykes' comment in the link below. That was in late July. Hopefully we will see more MF soon.
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/the-disappearance-of-maltese-falcon
Yeah, but I was somewhat wrong (about the getting back to normal soon bit) when I wrote that, but didn't know it at the time. After I wrote that we ran into a supply shortage on a component, which will be an issue for another few weeks. So, in that thread I suggested things would be back to normal with it soon (as of July). I was wrong.
It'll be back on shelves this fall sometime, but we don't know exactly when yet. I think we're close to having that sorted, but we really don't know for sure exactly when yet.
Sykes

rthbaum

Might Stick Around
Dec 25, 2012
That is good news. I was starting to panic. We have already lost McClellan if GL Pease goes away I will really be depressed. I am hoping for the 8 oz tins so I can buy a few pounds worth.

blackadderlxx

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2018
Yeah, but I was somewhat wrong (about the getting back to normal soon bit) when I wrote that, but didn't know it at the time. After I wrote that we ran into a supply shortage on a component, which will be an issue for another few weeks. So, in that thread I suggested things would be back to normal with it soon (as of July). I was wrong.
It'll be back on shelves this fall sometime, but we don't know exactly when yet. I think we're close to having that sorted, but we really don't know for sure exactly when yet.
Sykes
This is exactly the kind of information I was hoping to get. Please forgive my ignorance but I'm still pretty new here. You work for smokingpipes.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.