What is the Best Cherry Tobacco You Have Smoked?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Hey Kidd, just a heads up that you're about to take some heavy grief for asking this. I asked the same question last week. For my 2 cents, McClelland 3 Cherry is very nice and it surprised me how much I like it.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
What would the pipe world be without cherry blends? Like most pipers I started out with a no name cherry blend in 1970. It was awful. Then I found Lane's Wild Chery and tsat was better. I moved on to non-aro blends since then and only occassionaly wander back to them. I did find CAO's Cherry Bomb to be somewhat nice, but then, only on occassion. I'm sure there are others worthy of a try but many are to be avoided IMHO.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
My favorites are Lane Limited's Very Cherry and 7 Seas Red Blend by Mac Baren. Both can be found in bulk for a cheaper sampling. I've heard good things about CAO's Cherry Bomb. I've had Mac Baren's Cherry Ambrosia but it's not the best of of smokes. The broken flake needs to be further rubbed out to keep a consistent flavor.

auspipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2012
Australia
Not strictly cherry, but Dan Devil's Holiday had a very strong berry aroma and taste that was very enjoyable.
Also nearly finished my 2oz of 4noggins Catamount, top stuff, so smooth with no bite whatsoever and a great flavour. I can reccomend that.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
just a heads up that you're about to take some heavy grief for asking this.
lol - be aware that some pipe smokers look down their noses at aromatics (similar to wine snobs). But aros have been around for a long time and enjoyed by many, nothing wrong with that.
Many cherry tobaccos smell ok, but don't have much flavor. This one was the best that I've tried:
WILKE CHERRY CAVENDISH

Ripe cherries, gathered at the height of the season are turned into a cavendish casing and tastefully blended with rich vanilla Cavendish, Red Virginia and a light Burley. A distinctive cherry flavor and aroma.
http://www.vtpipes.com/tobacco.html

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Another vote for Top Black Cherry, but as I've recommended on other threads if you're not locked in to cherry specifically and want to try a great "berry" aromatic try Lord Methley from 4Noggins. Excellent stuff.

kidd

Lurker
Feb 20, 2013
Fredericksburg, VA
Ha Ha Ha yeah I am not worried about "Heavy Grief" either. The last time I smoked a cherry tobacco it was about 5 years ago and horrible. I would like to find one though for the rotation. I love black cavendish, thats all I smoke. I would like to find some others that I like though so I thought I would start with a cherry. I will definetely try some of the suggestions on here.
Also what is a reputable place to order tobacco through? There are so many. I usually go downtown to my tobacco store but just would like a better selection.
Thanks guys

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Also what is a reputable place to order tobacco through? There are so many. I usually go downtown to my tobacco store but just would like a better selection.
You really cannot go wrong with any of the sponsors of this site. I like smokingpipes.com. Their prices are good (but their shipping is high). With other sellers, prices may be a bit higher, but shipping might be lower, so you will want to do a little research.
Also, shipping can be pricey unless you're going to spend $95 or higher - then its free (who wants to spend $10-13 in shipping for a small amt of tobacco?). I will usually add lots of pipe cleaners to the order and as much tobacco as I can think of to get the price up to $95.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
So this thread inspired me to fire up a nice bowl of Boswells Cherry Smash. It was so delightful. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.