PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
Hey everyone just thought I would show you all what I do with my old tins. I used to work for a candle company a few years back and continue to make them on my time off. This is an old tin that I converted into a soy candle last night...
unnamed-600x450.jpg

grouchydog

Can't Leave
Oct 16, 2013
That is a great idea. Do you flavor them? There's a flavor available that smells like pipe tobacco...

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
What a cool idea. I think the next time I'm at the mall, I'll stop in at one of the candle shops and see if I can find one that will fit some of my old tins.
Great idea, smeigs.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
Thanks guys... and I make all mine from scratch... Its not too complicated but takes a bit of perfecting to make them look good. I just buy my soy wax in 50 lb bulk online, melt the wax to about 175 degrees in a double boiler then mix your scent and coloring, then let the wax cool down to about 135 before you pour it. Make sure you have your wick glued to the bottom of the tin then pour your wax and let it sit till it hardens.. I usually heat my oven to about 150 then turn it off, then place the poured candle in the oven until it is hard... The reason you do this is so it cools at a slower rate which will give you that nice smooth top. If it cools too fast it will sink in. And this one i scented "candycane" for the holidays!

davidintexas

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 4, 2013
Hey Smeigs. I can see a great home business getting started. Candle tins with our favorite essences, such as Molto Dolce, or H&H Egg Nog, etc. etc. If you could just figure a way to get those essences in the wax!

davidintexas

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 4, 2013
Ok, somebody has already thought about it. Now that their website is on this post, their sales could suddenly skyrocket here before Christmas. Another hoarding frenzy!

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
What a great idea! Better do a trial market on the Buy-Sell-Trade forum. Bet you'll have some takers!

Status
Not open for further replies.