Welcome New Members. Introduce Yourself. (2)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireman

Lurker
May 22, 2010
Hello My Name is Lance Dahl I am a fire Fighter in Washington St. Have been a cigar smoker since well before the JR bb days and a pipe smoker for longer than that. I have been a reader here for only a short while and the Brothers of the Briar BB for a little longer. I have read and posted on the ASP for many years but not regularly as raising kids and two busy jobs have taken up much of my time. I look forward to reading and posting here some and learning more. I have a Small collection of about 30 pipes, 8 by Mark Tinsky, I really like his Black & Tans, a couple by his old partner Curt Rollar. 5 Petersons, 3 Stanwells, two Castleford bent Bulldogs, 4-5 meerschaums, a Bosi cutty, 2 Kirstens and 6-7 misc yard pipes, and probably a few I have forgot about. Yea like the 2 Nording hunting pipes!!
Smoking now at the FireHouse McClelland Dark Star from 1997 in a Tinsky Black & Tan ASP 2006

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome Lance,

Thank you for your service.
It's good to have you here, and we all look forward to your posts and pictures.

Once again welcome and thanks.

birdy

Lurker
May 19, 2010
Hi guys, Im new to pipe smoking and it's my pleasure to join this forum. Hoped that im able to learn more pipe stuffs from you guys. Cheers!
PS: Im enjoying my newly accquried Peterson right now..."

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Well met Birdy!

Welcome, we look forward to your questions and comments, pictures.

I think you will like it here.
Welcome to the Fraternity.

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
Welcome Lance and Birdy...
Birdy... Please don't be shy ask question and share your thoughts.
Lance... It sounds like you have a great collection... I hope we get to see pictures posted in the future... I'm already envious!

rlrideoutjr

Lurker
May 28, 2010
Hello all. I am Ray Rideout, I am currently a Staff Sergeant in the WVARNG. I started smoking pipes in Iraq as a relaxation thing. I look forward to reading and learning from the more experienced smokers. I will also post blogs, but I don't expect them to be read. They will be me just blowing off steam. Well I hope everyone enjoys their smokes and we will be seeing ya.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome Ray,

I have read your blog posts, and they are quite good.

Thank you for your service.

We all look forward to your posts and pictures.

Once again Welcome.

Lawrence

birdy

Lurker
May 19, 2010
Thank you guys, i'll definately my stay here.

jcsoldit- No worries, i'll not hesitate to ask any questions and feel shy bout it.

I will try figure out on how to post photos here first, hence then im able to share photos of my pipes with you guys.

alleycat

Lurker
Jun 1, 2010
Greetings. I just joined today.
A little about me: I have a small collection of Savinelli pipes, and a couple by other makers. I'm not really into fancy pipes, I just like a good briar in a shape I like.
I goes back and forth between aromatics and non-aromatics. Some of my current favorites are Milan Sunset Rum and Sangria, and Boswell Penn. Dutch Treat, along with a couple of non-aromatic favorites.
My latest experiment was blending McC Three Cherry with 1-Q (half-and-half) to reduce the cherry flavor just a little. The jury is still out on that one.
Anyway, I'm glad to be a part of the forum and look forward to getting to know the folks here.

Status
Not open for further replies.