Unsung Heroes - Ted Swearingen (COO of Laudisi Enterprises)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Many of us in the pipe hobby can rattle off a list of names of high-profile personalities, so we thought it would be interesting to have a series of behind the scenes "cast members". What better place to start than with Ted Swearingen.

ted-swearingen.jpg

Unsung Heroes - Ted Swearingen (COO of Laudisi Enterprises)

I have had the pleasure of a phone call from Mr. Swearingen concerning a tobacco issue. He was a pleasure to converse with, and he immediately grasps the attention of the forum when he posts. We are lucky folks to have such a forum where we can interact with the geniuses of the industry as we do.

Great article, and hopefully we will see more from him for decades to come.

brightleaf

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2017
Well written article. I like the storytelling style instead of the typical interview format. Thanks for letting us get to know you Ted, and for you efforts in making our community thrive.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
The picture sure sums up Ted's image with most smokers. Ted is very reserved and doesn't really care to mix with most of us.
It's NBD to me but I always had a feeling it was a just job and not a passion with some of the guys behind the SP.com tables. 8O

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Thanks for a wonderful article, kicking-off what promises to be a fascinating series of profiles.
Ted has apparently landed a position doing what he loves; for which he has the appropriate skill set; that meets the needs and expectations of the pipe smoking community; and has found a way to get paid for it.
It brings to mind a Forums thread, by member georged, on the Japanese concept "Ikigai", or a reason for being: get paid to do well what you have a passion for, and you'll never "work" a day in your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.