PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Gentlemen:
Over time it has been my pleasure to supply you guys with Condor and goodness knows how many different types of rare and exotic plug tobaccos. Sadly I will be discontinuing offering this service as it takes up just too much of my time and frankly I have got fed up with late payers and having to chase people to settle their accounts. This was always a 'Not For Profit' activity and I am just tired of having to explain the E/$ exchange rate plus the cost of Priority Mail and then laying out the money personally and then waiting for the recipient to get around to paying me back for doing them the favor in the first place! Those of you who have my personal email address and need stuff in the future drop me an email as by having my email address you must have been a prompt payer. Anyone else if you search the boards you will find someone who will no doubt ship to the US. Thank you for your custom!

mranglophile

Can't Leave
May 11, 2015
United States
I am really sorry that not everyone understands what a favor you were doing for them. As my name suggests I love all things British and had seen your posts way before I joined the forums (at one point actually telling my wife there is a guy nice enough to get british tobaccos for people and hoping maybe one day I may be one of those lucky people). I know you brought lots of people a little "slice" of heaven, thanks, Mr. Anglophile (Michael)

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
condor, while I did not use your services I can only imagine how it could snowball into more a chore than fun. I personally could never impose that on anyone, but appreciate your efforts.

elpfeife

Lifer
Dec 25, 2013
It was a generous service you offered, Condorlover. It doesn't much surprise me that some took advantage of you. I believe theft is another name for it. Anyway you served to introduce many to some foul weed they never would have been polluted by otherwise! :nana: I for one am glad you have discontinued this service because I was beginning to think about ordering some St. Bruno. Like I need another tobacco to try. It was very generous of you to do this for so many. Even those of us that didn't take you up on your offer were impressed that you would take the time and effort to do this.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
condorlover1:
I am indeed saddened to learn that some Forum members have taken advantage of your generosity in procuring (at your cost) tobaccos which are not offered for sale here in the States. I am also irked because the action (or, more properly, the inaction) of these miscreants has now made it difficult for me to obtain Condor, as I was on your waiting list!
Were I you I would publish here the names of those who stiffed you. This would be an appropriate shaming for them, and would serve as a heads-up/warning for the rest of us who might consider trading or doing business with them in the future.
Going forward, you might also (for your own fiscal protection and sanity) consider working exclusively on an advanced payment basis.
HunterTRW

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
You were gracious enough to fill my one and only request to give me a chance to try Condor and for that I will always be in your debt. Simon, I don't know of anyone who would go to the lengths you have to do so much for so many as it relates to pipe tobacco. Frankly, you hung in there longer than I thought you would, way longer than I would've, lol.
I know I speak for many as I say Thank You Simon!

May 31, 2012
Simon - you went above and beyond and broke the blockade wide open, your good deeds will never be forgotten!
btw

my check is in the mail.

:wink:

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
condor, I never ordered from you but I appreciate the time and effort you put forth to help a lot of people try some blends they otherwise would not have been able to try. You are a class act.
I think anyone who was late paying or did not pay at all needs to be outted as that can protect the rest of us from that type of person. Anyone who did not send money the minute you took their order is a person of low character. Anyone who stiffed you is just plain scum and we need to know who they are so they do not take advantage of other people.
For 10 years I was judge, jury and executioner to the cigar scumbag list. Anyone who dealt in bad faith was outted and I would let the entire cigar world know who they were. It protected a lot of people over the years and I was happy to do it. To me there is nothing worse than taking advantage of someone's good nature.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
The first time I bought something from Simon I was instantly impressed that he trusted me to send payment and proud that he was able to conduct business on this website in such a fashion. It is both sad and embarrassing that members would not immediately remunerate. I am sorry it has come to this Simon but the fact you offered this service at all sums up your character. Thank you for the Royal Yuck and Meer, if you let go of anymore pipes I hope you will still offer them here. If you need anything Alaskan, it's on me.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
I think anyone who was late paying or did not pay at all needs to be outted as that can protect the rest of us from that type of person. Anyone who did not send money the minute you took their order is a person of low character. Anyone who stiffed you is just plain scum and we need to know who they are so they do not take advantage of other people.
Couldn't agree more with what cigrmaster said... OUT them here so we all know who they are and shame them. Such low life's shouldn't even be allowed access to this site anymore let alone the fact that it might possibly protect others here from doing any business with them.

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
Never had the pleasure of requesting an order from Simon, but knowing what a true brotherhood that exists among pipe smokers and particularly Condor's offer to enable us weak ones, I'm shocked that someone would be low enough in character to do this to a fellow brother.

Unfortuantely, I too would like to know the names of the offenders so that I may steer clear of them also.

davidintexas

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 4, 2013
Sorry to hear about this Simon. I wondered how long you would be able to do this service for us. I agree with all of the above, and just want to say I appreciate the tremendous benefit you were doing for us. All hail King Simon :worship:

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
As Harris and others have said, post the names of the bums here on the forum for all to see.
I too never ordered from you, but did think about doing so. I have smoked Condor and St. Bruno and would do so again, maybe. I ordered directly from UK sites and paid dearly in exchange rates and shipping. It is not a cheap way to fly.
I admire and really in awe of your willingness to do this for forum members, and the scam-bags who stiffed you need to be outed pronto!

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Condor,
I never had the opportunity to use your services, but I applaud your great generosity to our group. I too am saddened that you were taken advantage of and am a bit dismayed that you had to go through that.
Hopefully you will keep adding a bit o' Condor to the box pass so that I may eventually try some!
Thanks again and sorry I missed the boat.
~Wyf

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
As my Dad says: "no good deed ever goes unpunished". I think it was nice that you provided the service for as long as you did. Can't imagine getting through Customs was easy.

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
Really sorry for your experience. A truly kind gesture taken advantage of. Sorry too, to hear its become to much. Those that enjoyed your kindness will no doubt be saddened. But thank you for the effort. Few others would have troubled themselves. Walk away knowing far more hold you in high regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.