PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlweis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 7, 2014
So as of late my backs been in a bad state of affairs, so as a pick me up my fiance has decided we drive two hours to Gatlinburg. We love antiquing and such so hopefully Ill find a diamond in the rough i.e. new pipe. And visit the two pipe stores in the area if I get the chance.
--------------------------

Thanks for being a member and participating.
Thread title fixed.
Please use your Shift key in body text as well.
Please see rule 9 here along with the rest of the forum rules
- Kevin

--------------------------

cynyr

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 12, 2012
Tennessee
We welcome transplants, El Pfeife, as long as they don't bring California rules along!
Seriously, though, The Gatlinburlier is a great store. I don't get up there as much as I like, especially with summer traffic, but your trip won't be wasted. You might also check out Thomas Tavern in Dandridge and Smokey's in West Knoxville.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
What's Thomas Tavern, we are in Weaverville, NC & my Mother-in-law lives in Dandridge, hour & half from here.

Of course we have B&B Tobacco here in Asheville, great people.

cynyr

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 12, 2012
Tennessee
Small world, Insty - my wife is from Weaverville!
Thomas Tavern is right in downtown Dandridge, next to Graveyard Alley. It's a very small shop, run by a retired gentleman, and he keeps a small selection of tobaccos and a few pipes. His wife runs a small gift shop in the same building.
Sure, it isn't Low Country, but it's a pleasant visit.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
cynyr, Will check it out next time we go over.

Carl, Have a great time! For a tourist area it is a lot of fun & many things to buy!

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
we get down twice a year.. several suggestions. Pancake Pantry has the absolute best pancakes I have ever had and I've had a bunch. I highly recommend the buckwheat's. stay downtown on the Parkway will save you a bunch of walking. DO NOT stay up airport road as it's a tough hike back up for most folks. parking is a pita get one of the old school motels in the main section of town some have a nice patio over looking the crowds with rockers great for smoking a pipe and people watching. definitely take the time to go up to Cades Cove and drive the loop. lots of good places to just sit, relax and fire off a pipe.
Pancake Pantry

Status
Not open for further replies.