PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Hey everybody, My mr brog pear pipe finally got in, and im smoking it as i write this. I thought i was going to smoke it a few times and break it in before i review it, but i now realize i dont have to. So here it goes.
Out of the box...
- This pipe is very good looking, i have the amigo pipe, its a bent sitter. It doesnt have the grain appeal that briar does, but it isnt briar. the bowl isnt huge, and this is one that is rated to have a medium or large bowl compared to the other mr brog pipe. The walls of the pipe are thick, it gives it a good looking stoutness. The pre carb is good and the air hole is drilled properly. Its a bit heavy but clenches well anyway
Pre light...
- I packed this first smoke, and i am planning on packing it for future updates, with orlik golden sliced, i figured that was a good available tobacco that everyone could easily relate to. I packed with a standard three step. The pre light is interesting, it tastes different, has an almost coffee taste to it, probably due to the diferent wood.
The smoke...
- Smokes great.. could honestly stop there. But i wont, it smokes easy and cool. This first smoke has a tiny, and i mean tiny difference in taste than briar, and this is the FIRST smoke. ive smoked briar for the first time that taste way worse than this does. This taste isnt unpleasant, woody coffee like. Smokes pretty sweat, no bitterness that i have had with other pipes for the first smoke. I am about a half hour into it and its burning evenly, two relites (i personally go through many more than that on average, and im writing this at the same time) Smokes very well.
Overall...
- fantastic. this is a 20 dollar pipe... let me repeat, this is a 20 dollar pipe...one more time, a 20 dollar pipe. It honestly smoke as well as some of my mid level pipe, like my petersons and savenelli's. Once it breaks in i believe it will be a perfect pipe. I highly recommend it and i believe every one who read this should order one. It makes a better beater than a corncob, because i believe it smokes better. I will probably buy more after this based on the price point. I would give this pip an 8 out of 10, based only knocked down the two point because of the smallish bowl, If i include the price into the rating, id give it an 11 out of 10. Go buy one, dont think too hard into it, just go do it, you will not be disappointing.
If you have any additional questions about it, either post it on this forum or pm me.
Thanks for reading, i hope i reviewed it in a suitable way, like i said, if you have any more specific questions, just ask

[Title Edit by Kevin]

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Sorry, i forgot to add that it is a filter pipe, i smoked it without the filter and it did fine

dylan793

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 12, 2011
Buchanan, GA
Glad to see another positive reveiw of these pipes here on the forums. A Mr. Brog is definitely on my "Buy it soon" list, but if my better half sees another pipe come outta my mail box this week, she's gonna beat the shit outta me :lol:

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
Ya know, posts like this really get me PO'd!
How am I s'pose to get a hold on my PAD when ya'll keep coming up with new pipes and vendors that need to be tried out?
I mean.... really!
(-;

bagpiper1

Lurker
Nov 4, 2011
I just bought the #66 - Connaught with wood bark...can't wait to light it up!
Thanks for the review!
~Michael

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Thanks for the review John. It would be great to have a photo or two to go along with it.
I hope you don't mind that I edited your title to make it look nicer with Caps and for better SEO for anyone searching for info on Mr. Brog Pipes, we want that in the title.

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
Just put one less gallon of gas in your vehicle and there's your extra $20

Ouch!

Your payin' too much for gas up in your neck o' the woods Paul! (-;
The CW's from Mr.Brog caught my eye when they 1st started showing up on the bay. I couldn't see dropping the coin at that time because of the low price! I got the idea that for that little they must be really.... well.... not worth bothering with.

Reviews from forum members are making Mr. Brogs wares appear well worth checking out.

jaybird

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2011
Hey everybody, My mr brog pear pipe finally got in, and im smoking it as i write this. I thought i was going to smoke it a few times and break it in before i review it, but i now realize i dont have to. So here it goes.
Out of the box...
- This pipe is very good looking, i have the amigo pipe, its a bent sitter. It doesnt have the grain appeal that briar does, but it isnt briar. the bowl isnt huge, and this is one that is rated to have a medium or large bowl compared to the other mr brog pipe. The walls of the pipe are thick, it gives it a good looking stoutness. The pre carb is good and the air hole is drilled properly. Its a bit heavy but clenches well anyway
Pre light...
- I packed this first smoke, and i am planning on packing it for future updates, with orlik golden sliced, i figured that was a good available tobacco that everyone could easily relate to. I packed with a standard three step. The pre light is interesting, it tastes different, has an almost coffee taste to it, probably due to the diferent wood.
The smoke...
- Smokes great.. could honestly stop there. But i wont, it smokes easy and cool. This first smoke has a tiny, and i mean tiny difference in taste than briar, and this is the FIRST smoke. ive smoked briar for the first time that taste way worse than this does. This taste isnt unpleasant, woody coffee like. Smokes pretty sweat, no bitterness that i have had with other pipes for the first smoke. I am about a half hour into it and its burning evenly, two relites (i personally go through many more than that on average, and im writing this at the same time) Smokes very well.
Overall...
- fantastic. this is a 20 dollar pipe... let me repeat, this is a 20 dollar pipe...one more time, a 20 dollar pipe. It honestly smoke as well as some of my mid level pipe, like my petersons and savenelli's. Once it breaks in i believe it will be a perfect pipe. I highly recommend it and i believe every one who read this should order one. It makes a better beater than a corncob, because i believe it smokes better. I will probably buy more after this based on the price point. I would give this pip an 8 out of 10, based only knocked down the two point because of the smallish bowl, If i include the price into the rating, id give it an 11 out of 10. Go buy one, dont think too hard into it, just go do it, you will not be disappointing.
If you have any additional questions about it, either post it on this forum or pm me.
Thanks for reading, i hope i reviewed it in a suitable way, like i said, if you have any more specific questions, just ask
Great review.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
I just purchased a #66 briar pipe and am awaiting arrival of it later this week. An amigo is on my list.

Status
Not open for further replies.