PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Its not bad, It isnt briar so weight is hard to judge off of. Its pretty light, I loved the pipe, I actually sent it with a soldier I know off to Afghanistan, he now loves it. I wouldnt have given him a pipe I thought would not be a great smoker. My opinions on Brog pipes have not changed, they are a great pipe, when you factor in cost, theyy are almost unbeatable.

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
Very nice review....but to blatantly overstate my opinion:
Threadneedspics.jpg

vdubguy18

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2012
Just ordered up a #27 Big Horn. I'm excited to get it after all of the good things I have read.

vabriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 24, 2012
I know this is an old review but thanks for taking the time to review your Mr. Brog.

vinvin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 1, 2012
Yeah Mr. Borg pipes are amazing! I have the no66, no52r. The no14 and the no16w are coming in the mail. I can't get enough of em!

dhintonca

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I have 2 Mr. Brog pipes, but I see now (I was going to buy #51) that amazon will no longer ship pipes to Canada. I guess that means no Canadians will be able to buy Mr. Brog pipes from now on. :-(

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
I have to try a Mr Brog pipe. I've been holding out because I was still reeling after bhying a ¢99 red plastic pipe holder for $4. bucks. I guess the economical pile will make up for the burn on the holder. Thanks for the review.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Do they have softer stems than Acrylic? Like vulcanite? I hear that they use ebonite which is supposed to be the softest of all and they don't oxidize, but at that price range I was wondering if they would be the same as acrylic in hardness? I have zero tolerance for acrylic stems as they do not have a soft natural feel like vulcanite does. I was thinking about getting this with a replacement stem:
$(KGrHqJHJD!E-lNe4wtkBP0C(NvQdg~~60_57.JPG

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Do they have softer stems than Acrylic? Like vulcanite? I hear that they use ebonite which is supposed to be the softest of all and they don't oxidize, but at that price range I was wondering if they would be the same as acrylic in hardness? I have zero tolerance for acrylic stems as they do not have a soft natural feel like vulcanite does. I was thinking about getting this with a replacement stem:
The stem is plastic I think, not sure, it was definitely harder then briar, but softer than acrylic, it worked and wasnt bad to clench. I liked it

May 29, 2013
I am new to pipe smoking an have 2 pieces that really I need to get rid of. I have been looking online and at reviews for days now and think that I would like the mr.brog #37 Viking. Have any of you had any experience with or have any opinions on this piece please share?

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
A Brog Kentucky 43 just arrived at my doorstep today. I searched and found this thread. Will post my thought after I've had some time with it. Visually it's a great pipe: thick-walled, nice quarter-bent saddle bit stem. Good looking rustication.

Status
Not open for further replies.