PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanaia

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 3, 2013
I just booked a train trip in Canada and was amazed at the exchange rate. If anybody has plans to go visit our northern neighbors now is the time as the exchange rate 1.46 CAD to 1.00 USD.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Hey guyrox, would it take some of the sting out if we brought some "thoughtful gifts" with us? :wink:

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
12507523_10153346140327503_4586978768002122293_n.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
...but back to the train trip, those are supposed to be pretty terrific. I've had several friends who have taken them and really enjoy it, a real trip but also a real rest.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
I went on a 7 hour long train trip in Canada once.It was called The snow Train.It snowed 3 inches during the trip.It was weird to see folks sweeping snow off the roof of their house.One fella told me that by the end of winter the snow was so deep in his yard that he couldn't see out of his windows.

sw0snuff3r

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2014
The low loonie has put a stop to my TAD in a hurry. I've got a few pounds on hand so it will see me through for some time. I'm eyeing up cheaper bulk blends for future orders.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Ya our dollar went from prime right into the shitter!! Justin will finish it off but good before he's done with it. Those pictures cracked me up davet!! :puffy:

kanaia

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 3, 2013
@mso489 The Frau and I have been talking about this for a long time and I found this new sleeper that Canada Rail provides,see link. http://www.viarail.ca/en/explore-our-destinations/trains/rockies-and-pacific/toronto-vancouver-canadian/classes-and-trains-cars#prestige
Maybe it isn't new but I had never heard of it before.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
We're in for some lean times I'm afraid. Prime Minister Zoolander is busy committing money all over the world and doing nothing here. I'm glad I've got enough cellared to get by for a while, PAD & TAD will have to be ignored I guess.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
The market is tanking here down 520 yesterday. We are so full of "hope and change" down here in the States that we cannot say much either. Our Pres bailed out the banks....bailed out the banks? :roll:

meatballj

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 14, 2014
New Brunswick, Canada
I agree with some others here, I was just starting to ramp up a bad case of TAD when the dollar decided to take its nosedive. Cooled the jets on purchases pretty quick but I reason that even with the horrible exchange rate we're STILL better off to purchase from the online site sponsors here.
Looking forward to seeing more of our American brethren visit Canada...we'll keep the smoking lamp lit. (Can I put a plug in for New Brunswick tourism here? *wink, wink*)
Davet - That picture of Trudeau on the old dollar bill is a chuckle. I haven't seen one of those in a very long time, almost didn't recognize it.

Dec 24, 2012
I am just glad I finished my cellar when the dollar was essentially at par. I figure I have made about a 30% return on the foreign exchange even if I sell my stash for the amount I paid for it. As oil goes, so goes the Canadian dollar.
keEqdSP.jpg

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
So it's back around where it was during my college years, then... Used to go across the border on weekends in order to stretch my dollars just a little further.

Status
Not open for further replies.