Status
Not open for further replies.

newfie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 19, 2015
Shearstown, NL
Prime Minister Zoolander!! Priceless!! :rofl:
+1
The CAD is starting a little comeback. I have a short list for my trip to Vegas in February and it won't be cut regardless of the buck. All I do is look at what that baccy would cost in Canada and I'm still saving hundreds of $$$$

meatballj

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 14, 2014
New Brunswick, Canada
Davet, I'm in Doaktown. From Miramichi originally.
Newfie, +1 on that what it cost us here in Canada. I find selection better in the States as well. If a tobacconist here in Canada carried a selection of what I enjoy I might throw them a percentage of my purchases to encourage the business, but alas....

newfie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 19, 2015
Shearstown, NL
If a tobacconist here in Canada carried a selection of what I enjoy
Meatball, here the best "tobacconists" are the smokeshops outside Sobey's & Dominion grocery stores. They don't even know tobacco can come in tins, but they'll order a Brigham pipe for you, but if you order it, you buy it, nothing to hold in your hand to "feel".

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
This feels opportunistic, but I'll go ahead and ask. Is this a great time to buy a Blatter & Blatter pipe from Montreal? Or would the saving with the exchange rate just get eaten up by the customs/etc. I'm swimming in pipes, and puffing to keep them all in use, but if not for me, I'll ask for others who may also think of owning a real Canadian made pipe. I never wanted the rock maple inserts ... one more system to maintain.

newfie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 19, 2015
Shearstown, NL
Is this a great time to buy a Blatter & Blatter pipe from Montreal?
MSO, if you're an American, then yes. I don't know how fussy US customs would be, but we could arrange something if that's what you're worried about.
PM me to discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.