PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrhooker93

Might Stick Around
Oct 11, 2011
I have noticed in the recent change from cold weather to warm weather, my taste has changed in tobacco. In the winter, I became accustomed to English Blends; and now that it is Spring, I have become accustomed to Virginia/Perique blends. English Blends don't seem to have the fulfillment to meet my current tobacco taste. Is this a natural thing among pipe smokers or just my personal preference?

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
It is not unusual for your tastes to change with the seasons.

You mentioned English for the cool months, for me it's sweeter & richer Aros.

In the warmer months... like you, I gravitate towards VaPers.

lazydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
What are some of your fave VaPers. I agree the english taste subsides for warmer weather. I love the VaPers, and have just discovered Frenchys Sunzabitches, and this blend seems to go well with hotter days ( its already in the 90 degree range down in Arizona,) PS prairie wind is all time fave VAPer. Its a dry heat.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I tend to smoke more light burleys in the summer - the American Classics,or Burley London. I like lat all year 'round, though.

jvandy77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2012
Personally, I lean more towards heavier latakia and VaPer blends in the winter/fall months, while primarily puffing on aromatics as it starts to warm up during the spring/summer months.
-Jim

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
One of the nice things about new England is the extreme change of seasons and I personally do change tobaccos with the weather. Cold weather brings the craving for Latakia or VaPer blends, in the warmer months I really enjoy burley blends or Scottish blends. Change is good.

stogie37

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 24, 2012
Southport, North Carolina
I used to switch to cigars exclusively once the heat set in. Don't think that will be the case this year, but I will certainly supplement my mid-day & evening pipes with cigars. Still plan to start with a pipe in the morning. I usually smoke high VA content English blends in the AM (Picadilly, Lombard, Daybreak, Namaste etc.) and they can bear the heat.

jwp159

Can't Leave
Jan 1, 2010
My taste always change as the seasons on of my fav. summer blends is burly with cigar leaf, I also enjoy VaPer blends

mrhooker93

Might Stick Around
Oct 11, 2011
Thanks Everybody. I find that Orlik Golden Slice, Mississippi River, and Peter Stokkebye Luxury Navy Flake satisfy my VaPer fix. For my burley blends I like Carter Hall, Prince Al, MacBaren Navy Flake, and MacBaren Mixture Scottish Blend. My favorite English belnd is G.L. Pease Westminster. It is the best!!

Status
Not open for further replies.