Pipes Magazine » General Pipe Smoking Discussion

Tags:  No tags yet. 

Sunday Afternoon Fantasy Seven Day Set

(3 posts)
  1. owen

owen

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

So after a few years of pipe panic buying, I am up around 100, with a rotation of about 10. I am looking to scale back and get some real classics to accompany my regulars. This is just a thought exercise having already bought 3 pipes this weekend. It has to include classic shapes, brands and nationalities. I'm thinking Dunhill billiard, Castello 55, I would have to have an Anne Julie Stanwell shape, something American, I cant imagine spending huge money so S Bang etc are off limits,all suggestions most welcome.

Posted 2 years ago #
  2. skraps

skrapsoftobacco

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Are you opposed to custom carvers? There are plenty of amazing carvers out there that you can get a great pipe at a reasonable price from.

"People are not made better by a briar. An idiot before smoking a pipe is still an idiot after smoking a pipe, they're just more likely to speak less drivel with something in their mouth. For that, all society should be grateful."

- Bob Runowski
    Posted 2 years ago #
  3. sjmiller

sjmiller

Login to Send PM

A Merchant Service Bing by Basil Meadows comes to my mind. A classic shape made to the specifications of the ones Bing Crosby smoked. Very reasonably priced and an excellent smoker from everything I have heard. Am currently having one made.

Abbot of the Apostles of St. Bruno
    Posted 2 years ago #

You must log in to post.

banner

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   ben88, redglow, supdog, trubka2, jaytex969, jcdarin, winton, alaskanpiper