Stick Them With the Pointy End! Or Ends, Rather!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
My nephew's birthday is coming up, and I have been pondering buying him a Swiss Army Knife. Finding myself with a couple of minutes to kill, I headed over to the Wenger website to research into the different models. Now, I love gagets as much as the next man, but I have to say, this is overkill...

dylan793

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 12, 2011
Buchanan, GA
:lol: Two pounds!? Man, that's no pocket knife for sure. Im willing to bet that's more of a novelty than something they actually expect someone to use for survival.
+1 for a Swiss Army Knife for a kid's birthday present. One step closer to being the "cool Uncle" im sure 8)

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
I think a pipe starter kit would be better...wait how old is he...nudy magazines. Now you are a kick a$$ uncle.
Both will come in a couple of years - but for now, I think the knife is the way to go. At ten, I don't trust that he would take the time to properly clean a pipe after each smoke, and I want him to learn this hobby properly my sister would likely murder me if I gave him a pipe; and he still thinks girls are gross (although I suspect that will change pretty quickly now).

pawpaw

Lifer
Jun 25, 2011
cleveland NC
http://www.swissknifeshop.com/shop/swiss-army/victorinox/swiss-army-knives/do-it-yourself/swiss-army-2009-soldier-knife
This IS the Swiss Army's knife

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
When my daughter wanted a pocket knife, I looked up the Boy Scout Handbook online and printed out the pages for the "totin' chip" (Scout license for knife carry). I made her learn all the safety rules and take the test. Once she passed, I bought her a small knife and sharpener at the store. Later I handed down my old SAK to her. She's almost 18 now so she made it 8 years without stabbing herself to death.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Whoever made that huge stupid knife has too much time on their hands...
I hope none sell. :crazy:

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
This IS the Swiss Army's knife
I got that one, got it straight from switzerland way before they sold it here, the thing is super scary sharp.
OP I think that thing is just for fun lol

Status
Not open for further replies.