Stick Them With the Pointy End! Or Ends, Rather!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
My nephew's birthday is coming up, and I have been pondering buying him a Swiss Army Knife. Finding myself with a couple of minutes to kill, I headed over to the Wenger website to research into the different models. Now, I love gagets as much as the next man, but I have to say, this is overkill...

dylan793

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 12, 2011
Buchanan, GA
:lol: Two pounds!? Man, that's no pocket knife for sure. Im willing to bet that's more of a novelty than something they actually expect someone to use for survival.
+1 for a Swiss Army Knife for a kid's birthday present. One step closer to being the "cool Uncle" im sure 8)

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
I think a pipe starter kit would be better...wait how old is he...nudy magazines. Now you are a kick a$$ uncle.
Both will come in a couple of years - but for now, I think the knife is the way to go. At ten, I don't trust that he would take the time to properly clean a pipe after each smoke, and I want him to learn this hobby properly my sister would likely murder me if I gave him a pipe; and he still thinks girls are gross (although I suspect that will change pretty quickly now).

pawpaw

Lifer
Jun 25, 2011
cleveland NC
http://www.swissknifeshop.com/shop/swiss-army/victorinox/swiss-army-knives/do-it-yourself/swiss-army-2009-soldier-knife
This IS the Swiss Army's knife

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
When my daughter wanted a pocket knife, I looked up the Boy Scout Handbook online and printed out the pages for the "totin' chip" (Scout license for knife carry). I made her learn all the safety rules and take the test. Once she passed, I bought her a small knife and sharpener at the store. Later I handed down my old SAK to her. She's almost 18 now so she made it 8 years without stabbing herself to death.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Whoever made that huge stupid knife has too much time on their hands...
I hope none sell. :crazy:

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
This IS the Swiss Army's knife
I got that one, got it straight from switzerland way before they sold it here, the thing is super scary sharp.
OP I think that thing is just for fun lol

Status
Not open for further replies.