Where Are The Squadron Leader Tins? ?

(13 posts)
  • Started 3 years ago by NOLA Cajun
  • Latest reply from derfargin
  1. tobyducote

NOLA Cajun

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Where is the SL? I've been looking for tins of SL for a few months and it seems like all retailers are out of stock...anyone know what's happening with S.G. Squadron Leader?

Posted 3 years ago #
  2. shanelktown

shanelktown

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Not sure on this one but everyone will go hoard it now. I'm
    Curious if it may be because of the combining of Samuel gawith and gawith hogarth....

Posted 3 years ago #
  3. markthelad

markthelad

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Good question.
    I recently picked up 2 tins at my local B&M, but for the 1st time since I have been going in there, that was all he had. I asked If he would get more and he replied that it was on order. I never really thought anything about it until now.

"I know a man who gave up smoking, drinking, sex, and rich food. He was healthy right up to the day he killed himself."
    Johnny Carson
    Posted 3 years ago #
  4. shawnofthedead

Shawn

Login to Send PM

Yeah, where are they? I've been looking for one in every shop, they are always sold out.

Life would go on as it had always gone on - that is, badly.
    Posted 3 years ago #
  5. sablebrush52

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings

Login to Send PM

Don't worry yet. Chances are it will plentifully be in stock. I remember a few years ago when Wessex Campaign was in short supply. A few months later we were awash in the stuff.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

It is pointless to argue with a fanatic since a dim bulb can't be converted into a searchlight. - Jesse Silver
    Posted 3 years ago #
  6. tarheel1

tarheel1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Cupojoes has 250g packs. The briar has time in stock. Mr snuff has time. Nat Sherman's has time.

Posted 3 years ago #
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

bigpond

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I started a thread about FVF last week. There seems to be a hiccup in production. Things will be sorted out in short order. Don't panic.

Posted 3 years ago #
  8. tobyducote

NOLA Cajun

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Thanks Tarheel...I only want the tins...not the 250g packs..

Posted 3 years ago #
  9. lochinvar

lochinvar

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Patience is a virtue, panic is an annoyance. Things happen, it's coming across an ocean. A manifest could be wrong, a tinner could have gone down, a transport container got misplaced in the warehouse, maybe the guys at the factory are taking it easy. Gawith has survived since the 1700's through a revolution, Napoleon and two World Wars, pretty sure we're cool and supply will be restored.

Posted 3 years ago #
  10. billinsfl

billinsfl

Login to Send PM

It's a great tobacco. A few years back it was hard to get, so when I saw more I bought all the store had. Still have most of it. I have a 4 drawer filing cabinet mostly filled with tobaccos I've bought over the years, so if the tobacco apocalypse happens tomorrow, I'm set for years.

Posted 3 years ago #
  11. tobyducote

NOLA Cajun

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Yes I know the feeling...I try and buy 4-5 tins of SL each month to keep my cellar stocked and aging...but it's been 3-4 months since any of my "go to" retailers have had any..including the online guys...

Posted 3 years ago #
  12. deathmetal

deathmetal

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I hit the same thing. I just wanted to try it, because I love Englishes. (Not just the tobacco, the place, and some of their quality death metal...)

No dice. It goes on the list in the back of my mind of stuff that, if I see it on the shelves, I'll shoulder nuns and orphans out of the way to get...

"My own experience has been that the tools I need for my trade are paper, tobacco, food, and a little whiskey." -- William Faulkner

The Metal Mixtures
    Posted 3 years ago #
  13. derfargin

derfargin

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

What you can do is pick up some tins of Skiff Mixture. A much better smoke in my opinion than SL.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.
    Posted 3 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   anthonyrosenthal74, redglow, donjgiles, grilledokra, ashdigger, railman, alaskanpiper, sholto