Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobyducote

Lifer
Jun 10, 2012
New Orleans
Where is the SL? I've been looking for tins of SL for a few months and it seems like all retailers are out of stock...anyone know what's happening with S.G. Squadron Leader?

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
Not sure on this one but everyone will go hoard it now. I'm

Curious if it may be because of the combining of Samuel gawith and gawith hogarth....

markus

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 18, 2014
Bloomfield, IN
Good question.

I recently picked up 2 tins at my local B&M, but for the 1st time since I have been going in there, that was all he had. I asked If he would get more and he replied that it was on order. I never really thought anything about it until now.

tarheel1

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2014
Cupojoes has 250g packs. The briar has time in stock. Mr snuff has time. Nat Sherman's has time.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
I started a thread about FVF last week. There seems to be a hiccup in production. Things will be sorted out in short order. Don't panic.

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
Patience is a virtue, panic is an annoyance. Things happen, it's coming across an ocean. A manifest could be wrong, a tinner could have gone down, a transport container got misplaced in the warehouse, maybe the guys at the factory are taking it easy. Gawith has survived since the 1700's through a revolution, Napoleon and two World Wars, pretty sure we're cool and supply will be restored.

billinsfl

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 28, 2010
It's a great tobacco. A few years back it was hard to get, so when I saw more I bought all the store had. Still have most of it. I have a 4 drawer filing cabinet mostly filled with tobaccos I've bought over the years, so if the tobacco apocalypse happens tomorrow, I'm set for years.

tobyducote

Lifer
Jun 10, 2012
New Orleans
Yes I know the feeling...I try and buy 4-5 tins of SL each month to keep my cellar stocked and aging...but it's been 3-4 months since any of my "go to" retailers have had any..including the online guys...

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I hit the same thing. I just wanted to try it, because I love Englishes. (Not just the tobacco, the place, and some of their quality death metal...)
No dice. It goes on the list in the back of my mind of stuff that, if I see it on the shelves, I'll shoulder nuns and orphans out of the way to get...

Status
Not open for further replies.