PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I had quests for spring break and I did way too much, my back has been killing me and honesty I have been a bit depressed. I went in today for radio frequency injections which is done in 2 separate procedures. They do microsurgery and burn all the nerve endings around my spinal joints one side at a time. I go in again in 2 weeks.
I am really hopeful this could give me a year of little to no pain. If this does not work my only option is for them to fuse my spinal joints and put in a titanium cage. This is the last resort but back in October of 2010 after my first back surgery, my doctor said this will be my future and he was willing do it back then but I put it off trying to try anything possible except that.
I have missed you guys so I hope to be able to spend more time here.

kanaka95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 2, 2014
Sorry to hear your going thru such a ruff time cigrmaster.I hope and pray you get better brother.Keep us posted.god bless.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
Welcome back man, I hope you get relief on your back and don't have to go the titanium cage route

Dec 24, 2012
Yeesh, that sounds like some terrible stuff. A buddy had that done and it worked for a time, but eventually the nerves regenerated. I hope it works for you. Glad you are back.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
Definitely miss your posts, Harris. I really hope this works and you feel better. The yin (Peck) is insufferable without the yang (you).
Definitely a disturbance in the force . . .

Jan 8, 2013
Best of luck Harris. My dad had to have spinal fusion after getting hit by a car, even after, he still had a lot of pain. He has had to go throuvh several additional surgeries since. Thanks to that I declined fusion surgeries on my hand and foot, and the Army is sending me on my way. I hope your condition improves, I would hate to see you go down that long road.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I wish the best for you, Harris. I had a friend who had a similar problem, but she's managed fairly well since then. Just make sure you do what the doctors tell you to do!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Thanks for all the best wishes guys, it really means a lot. I do need to spend more time here as I find if I don't i begin to isolate and that is not good for me. If feels great to be back and see all the great girls and guys who post here, all except that jerk Peck. He really pisses me off every time I have to read the inane drivel that spews from his gaping maw. Who loves ya baby.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Damn Harris, that sounds terrible!

Jim and I were actually just talking earlier, and wondering about you. It's good to hear from you!

I hope all is, and will be, well with you. You're in my thoughts and prayers Harris.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Praying for you, Harris. It is fortunate that you have such a great family to support you and encourage you.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Hope you get better Harris, and glad you're back. 'Course it sucks for us, now that Peck's posts will double.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Sorry to hear that, Harris. Having been through back surgery and currently dealing with more issues plus depression, I can relate. Hang in there, we are here for you.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Harris - I was wondering where you went and was even going to email you. That is bad news - I was hoping you were too busy enjoying the sunshine! But glad to see you back here buddy - hope you will keep us posted on how this progresses.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Harris, thanks for the update. I'm truly sorry that you're in such pain, and facing those tough decisions. Keep us posted!
-- Pat

tlag77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2013
Terrible to hear Harris. I hope you get some reprieve from your pain and depression.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
Harris--not to divert attention from you to me, but to tell you that I don't empathize--I sympathize. After years of unrelenting back pain, I had a fusion, L 2-5 in December, 2012. Now the general rule is not to do back surgery unless it is absolutely necessary. In this case, the stenosis was so bad that the surgery was deemed to be absolutely necessary. Three cages were installed along with titanium hardware along my spine to stabilize it. When the pain didn't go away after the surgery, but in fact began to increase, a CT scan was done, and it revealed that one of the screws had come loose and a cage had shifted position. It's one of those things that isn't anybody's fault, it happens in a certain number of cases, and it's one of the reasons why they don't want to do lower back surgery unless there is no other option. The surgeon is continually listed as America's top spinal surgeon, and is in fact the inventor of the cage that would be used in Harris' case. The surgery was repeated, and after a few weeks, a cage shifted position and the same screw worked loose again. I've been living with pain of biblical proportions ever since then – about a year and a half. When I come back from the Chicago show, they are going to do another procedure, and simply remove the loose screw. This, it is believed, will alleviate about 50 to 75% of the pain because the screw will no longer be working back and forth through the hole. ,
So, Harris, old chap, when I say I know what you're feeling, I believe that I really do, and I truly sympathize with you for the pain that you are going through. If surgery becomes a necessity, let's hope that you are one of the overwhelming percentage for whom it is successful. Keep a cheerful attitude – in the midst of all the pain, it may be the only thing that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.