PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilson

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2013
Harris,

Sorry to hear of your problems, and we all wish for a speedy recovery for you. Glad to have you back. It is finally warm here on the Isle of Long, so as I sit on the porch tonight I dedicate my bowl of 536 to your health. Be well and know that you are a valued member here: the number of posts in such a short time is testament to that.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
dread and russ, thanks very much for sharing those stories with me. I know eventually I will be relegated to walking and riding my bike for most of my exercise, but until they put the cage in I am still going to play tennis and golf,I just need to be really careful going for the ball on the tennis court. I will only play with a hitting coach and no more matches because in a match I know I am too competitive and will chase a ball trying to win a point.
I have not been able to play anything since November and that does get me depressed. Hell just this Sunday I was playing with my 12 year old daughter and my sister in the pool for a couple of hours and when I woke up Monday I felt crippled. Since I moved to Florida in 2003 I have had the following sports surgeries. 1 wrist( too much golf), 2 foot(plantar band on the bottom of left foot had to be cut) right foot had to have bone spurs removed because of too much tennis. Two back surgeries from tennis. I had dreams of being able to play golf and tennis into my 80's if I lived that long. I never thought body would break down this early. It is hard for me to watch my favorite channel( tennis channel) because I want to get out there and play.
After the next round of shots(2weeks) I go back to physical therapy and will start light hitting with my hitting coach. I am probably in total denial but I have to give it one more shot.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
I think that's a great attitude and the one you should have. You aren't giving up, you are just figuring out how to manage it. And that's perfect! Hang tough.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Harris you need play tennis with me I am so beat up I dont even try to win anymore. Then afterwards we can hobble off into the sunset smoking away .Get well soon . 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.