Somethings Up With Condor Plug!

(20 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by condorlover1
  • Latest reply from sablebrush52
  1. condorlover1

condorlover1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Maybe its just me but of recent the Condor Plug seems to be overly moist and doesn't taste like it used too. The room note doesn't seem to have that Condor smell and the next morning my office just smells like an empty pub. I just opened an older plug and smoked a few slices of that in my pipe and that seemed fine but new stuff seems almost like a Captain Monochromatic plug. Actually you can leave it out over night and its still fresh in the morning! I've added a pinch of old Condor gifted to me by a forum member into my plug mixture and then everything smells like it should. Maybe I am just getting old but something is certainly amiss in the Condor universe. Anyone had a similar experience recently?

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. peckinpahhombre

peckinpahhombre

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Russian meddling perhaps?

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. derfargin

derfargin

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

mmmmmmmmmm Condor.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  4. saltedplug

saltedplug

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hmmmmmm. . .$26.00/50g or $260.00/500g, you'd think that they could get it right.

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

salt, Curly Block is cheap in comparison to Condor.

Harris
    Posted 1 year ago #
  6. peckinpahhombre

peckinpahhombre

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

salted plug, congrats on reaching 1000 posts.

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. saltedplug

saltedplug

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I would forgo my $100.00 maximum for 500g, for C. Block, but not for Condor. That's gouging.

peck, thanks! It's a miracle I've survived given my outstanding social graces of a few months back, and from there I started posting about religion and politics! So I'm glad to be here.

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. weezell

weezell

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I've noticed in the plugs I have recently they don't slice the way the way they used to. Hitting stems,etc and wanting to pull apart as I'm slicing them...

"the weez"...
    Posted 1 year ago #
  9. condorlover1

condorlover1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

So its not me then Dave. The last batch we got in are the same ones we are both talking about as you had half of what I picked up. I am just getting 'air biscuit' flavor and not that traditional Condor moment. Strange, very strange.

Posted 1 year ago #
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

paulfg

Login to Send PM

I thought the same whwn I opened a packet of Ready Rubbed last week ,that it wasnt the same flavour.I bought this recently in England
    I smoked it back to back with a bowl of plug I bought about 1 1/2 years ago.
    Definitely different i wonder if we are now getting Polish made Condor after the irish made stocks have gone.

Posted 1 year ago #
  11. condorlover1

condorlover1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

The room note is just not the same - my office smells like a damp pub in the morning without the beer stained flooring! I am going to send Jim Inks a plug this morning and ask for a 'Stewards' opinion on the matter as there is definitely something going on. Usually I mix my Condor Plug with either black or brown twist or I make up a 50/50 mixture of Warrior Plug and Condor Plug. Recently I started smoking the plug straight again and noticed that it was really different from what I remember. Now another member seems to notice a difference in the Condor RR. I am wondering if the Polish stuff has had the topping messed around with since it is radically different when compared to stocks of the Irish made product.

Posted 1 year ago #
  12. cosmicfolklore

Cosmic

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Maybe it has to set untouched on a dusty shelf in a busy store for a few years to achieve that Condor greatness.

Michael
    Posted 1 year ago #
  13. sasquatch

sasquatch

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Didn't the Gallaher factory shut down last year? I wonder if this version of Condor is being produced somewhere else...

Posted 1 year ago #
  14. condorlover1

condorlover1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I believe it is made in Eastern Europe somewhere. I purchased a tonne of the Irish stuff from a forum member a few months ago which seems fine its just this large batch that I sourced in Ireland from our usual friends in Dublin that seems to be way off kilter. Strangely if I mix it up with Warrior everything seems to return to normal. Anyone else experienced this strange development?

Posted 1 year ago #
  15. snagstangl

snagstangl

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

No experience with the new stuff. Do you think a person who has a bowl or two of condor a month will notice the difference?

Posted 1 year ago #
  16. hawky454

hawky454

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I think all of my plugs are from 2015 -2016 but I’m just curious. Simon, will you post the batch number here? When I get the time I’d like to go through my stash to see if I happen to have any with the same number. This is disheartening news but thankfully I’m pretty well stocked, my stash should last me the rest of my life.

Posted 1 year ago #
  17. pepesdad1

pepesdad1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Condorlover..say it's not so. Not our beloved Condor. If this is true...life just ended as we know it.

Posted 1 year ago #
  18. User has not uploaded an avatar

cstephen

Login to Send PM

condorlover1, i emailed the manufacturers of condor some months ago as I too noticed the ready rubbed had gone very much downhill, i found it tasted like mud and the famous condor essence had almost dissapeared.

condors manufacturers emailed me back and told me the entire range of condor was now made in Poland.

I noticed the change in quality when the uk introduced the new changes in the packaging.

happily I have a few other tobaccos that I rely on for my daily bread, namely amphora full aroma and a couple.of the mac baren offerings.

yes it is sad that condor is a shadow of its former self but life is too short to pay UK prices for sub par tobacco.

Posted 1 year ago #
  19. peckinpahhombre

peckinpahhombre

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

So, any update on people's perception of this new condor? Is this just for the plug, or are the other variants (including the long cut) now made in Poland as well? Is there any way from the packaging to tell the plugs made in Ireland from those made in poland?

Posted 10 months ago #
  20. sablebrush52

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings

Login to Send PM

Is there any way from the packaging to tell the plugs made in Ireland from those made in poland?

There's a graphic of a large kielbasa on the label of the Polish production. That, and it's now called Condorwitz.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

It is pointless to argue with a fanatic since a dim bulb can't be converted into a searchlight. - Jesse Silver
    Posted 10 months ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   cortezattic, jaytex969, paulfg, cshubhra, pitchfork, georged, agnosticpipe, malicev, railman, sumusfumus, jerrynyc, catyrpelius, jiminks, olkofri, warren, ssjones