PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

janosh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 1, 2015
Hungary
Hi folks!

Sorry for the title, but that is how I really feel now. I have to quote pipe smoking for a while because I lost my pipes. Yes, all of them at the same time and same occasion.

I got a new job a moth ago and because of this we had to move to another city and to a bigger (a lot bigger ) house. We packed everthing into large boxes including my pipes which I stored in a beautiful old jewelery box. And I think that was the source of the problem; the temptation was too damn high for the movers. I called the company but they did nothing (told me to call the police and start a never-ending procedure without any success).

I had two Petersons' ,three Stanwells, two Vauens and a Hungarian Szabo. I'll miss them.

Now I have to focus on my work and family, but I hope that within a few months I can start over the whole PAD thing :)

J.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
Awful! If I were you I'd absolutely file a police report and then make an insurance claim. You just can't let bad behavior like that go unanswered!

janosh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 1, 2015
Hungary
Yes tuold that was my first thought but as I mentioned (especially in Hungary) it's a never-ending story. For example if I call them I need to show the original bills of all pipes to determine their value to start the procedure. If their value doesn't hit the minimal requirement they will give me a report of the 'crime' and a promise that they will do everything to find them... And will show up in my new home if any questions comes up. I don't want the officers to show up weekly in my new home.

Of course the pipes has a great value in my eyes, but it is easier to start over the whole pipe smoking thing from the beginning .

janosh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 1, 2015
Hungary
We moved 3 times in the past 5 years but never happened something like this. I hope that was the last time we move to a new home.

janosh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 1, 2015
Hungary
Sometimes when sh!t happenes, God want to say and teach greater things; such as there are valuable things in the world than my lost pipes: our 2nd arrived yesterday !!! And she is a girl!

IMG_20150727_40588_zpsmyffywpe.jpg~original

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Congratulations on your new daughter. Her arrival puts things in perspective and what better way to celebrate than buying a new pipe or two. Enjoy her, she's a precious gift.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
janosh, that is one sweet little daughter. She has her eyes closed in contentment because she knows, with Papa close at hand, she has everything well under control.
I'm betting it was the jewelry box and not the pipes inside that was the lure. I had a burglary and they went right for a jewelry box, just dumped it all into a duffle. I think many people, including thieves, still would not know if used pipes have any value, unless they look really nice, lots of bright metal work and well polished. And yes, movers will take what they want -- not every and all movers, but it takes a crew, and someone on the crew is likely prone. A lacuna coat, a silk smoking jacket -- they take their toll.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
Congratulation! Pickup a MM Freehand and a few other of their cobs. The Freehand smokes like a dream. As a wise man once told me, don't worry about money or possessions. They can be replaced. You needn't worry as long as you have health and your family.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
It's the old "when one door closes another opens" type situation. Congrats and pipes can be replaced. Better you loose pipes and gain a daughter than vice-versa.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
A bummer for sure but easily forgotten I am sure while holding your lovely baby girl. Congrats to you all. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.