PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
I was aware that a lot of guys love their BF. Now I have to say that I am a lover of this blend as well. I was hooked on the cracking of the tin. The initial smell on this thing is gorgeous. As much as some might get a sense of the rum, for whatever reason the scent also reminds me of a black walnut cake my grandmother used to make. The blend is very smooth, didn't need very long to dry at all before it was ready to be stuffed into my L.P.N. Freehand for my evening/before bed smoke on the porch. It's quite fantastic. I look forward to smoking BF on a regular basis, as long as my palette agrees. The Black Frigate claims yet another soul.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Of course, ye may board. Be mindful that the cost of admission is a black walnut cake for each of your new crew mates...
pirate-bolton.jpg

jay-roger.jpg

mikefu

Lifer
Mar 28, 2018
Green Bay
I really fell in love with it as well. It seems to have a cravability that keeps calling me back. I augmented my first order of 3 tins with 2 lbs in my cellar. It’s yummy. Errrr, I mean “that be one mighty fine tasting block of pipe fill, ye scurvy dogs.”

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
It's only fair to warn you...rumor has long held that fresh recruits have a grueling experience on their maiden voyage aboard the dreaded Frigate. The merciless crew is said to make great sport of them.
This may no longer be rumor, as the below video is alleged to be actual footage of one such hapless and unfortunate fellow at the mercy of the cruel Frigateers...and who is said to have never returned to shore.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nycs5Rryykw

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Welcome aboard Laddie! Here be the only dancin' to be found aboard my ship! Well, other than the time master Rosenthal mistook cleanin' spirits for rum! 8O
https://youtu.be/f9zErZq014s

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
^ Surely a creature so fair would never be found near the Frigate. A video such as that can only be an attempt to lure the innocent and unsuspecting aboard.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
You got it, Brian. Mix a mermaid & a Mickey Finn, & that's what you get! Ship secret. I told you, so now I have to kill myself.
"cleaning spirits for rum" -- Duane, I swear to God, some days you just Crack. Me. Up..... :clap:

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
BTW, ccw, now you know why we are always so hyped about it. I was going to make my next bowl Belmont Station in my new Lorenzo, but I think now instead it'll be BF in a new Nording I picked up! Arrrrrr

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
A few more blends for BF fans to try are Sextant, Speakeasy Navy Blend, and Salty Dogs.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Wait....whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa....is that...Michael Bolton in a Pirate hat? Is he on the Frigate too? If so, I might have to rethink this thing... :rofl:
I wish I could supply everyone with a nice piece of that black walnut cake. Hell, I want some myself. Might have to dig through her recipes and get the wife to make me one. You're all welcome to come over and have a piece while firing up a bowl of BF. Well, all of you except Michael Bolton.....*shudder*....
@Brian, I know it's a cheesy, corny movie, but I used to watch the hell out of that thing when it came on tv.
@Embers, I don't think I would mind that dancin' at all. Just have to steer us clear of the privateers and the Navy Cap'n, so's we don't end up dancin' the hempen jig. Those look like great tobaccos to try next too. Next order I place, maybe I'll throw in a tin of each with my large order of BF I'm likely to pick up. I still want to try the Blockade Runner too, just to taste the base for BF.
@Bnichols, enjoy it! I am planning to fully indulge in it today myself. I already had a bowl on the way to the office. Now I'm looking forward to my after lunch bowlful of it. I have a plate of it drying out beside me at my desk...I even have other people in the office loving the smell of it while I await the beautiful stuff drying out for my smoking pleasure soon!

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
I need to try this blend. Maybe I can be the honorary Captain.
Don't see why not, or, we could start another ship with you at the helm, and have the beginnings of a fleet! :mrgreen:

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Don't see why not, or, we could start another ship with you at the helm, and have the beginnings of a fleet! [:mrgreen:]
Commodore Embers suits you!
You can command the fleet from the Black Frigate and I'll take the helm of the Cavendish. :)

didache

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2017
London, England
I love BF! Being in the UK it isn't readily available, but a friend in the US has ensured I have a small stash of it. It really is a unique and wondrous thing!
Mike

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Mark your calendars, September 19 has been declared by humor writer Dave Barry and compadres "Talk Like A Pirate Day." This has been going for about twenty years and is now part of folklore, an informal holiday which is the best kind. No commercial exploitation that I know of. Pure silliness. Hurrah. Of course, this goes with the Black Frigate blend much admired here.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Uh-oh. Skipper, do we do the usual thing with background checks & stuff to make sure he isn't a plant for His Majesty? I only ask because the last time you let the blood dry & it was holy hell for me to clean up. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.