PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Purportedly one of if not THE 'richest' man in rock/pop music. One very creative soul has joined the band.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
One of my all time favorites. Wow. For us older folks, our contemporary musicians of the 1960s/70s are really starting to drop off. Sad to see. A great and fantastic talent.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
A sad day. In High School, lived next door to a beautiful girl, four years my senior. She always had glam albums on, Bowie, T-Rex, Dolls, etc. I was smitten by her and her music. Sadly, she was killed by a train behind our house when she was a Senior. Hearing Bowie always makes me think of her. Heroes was my favorite. I never got to see him live.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fmw7gSDRnTA

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Heard on the news and thought it had to be a joke. Nope! Will be listening to Low, Heores, and Station to Station all day.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

Lemmy a little over a week ago and now Bowie. Bummed.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Bowie is one pop star who really controlled his media image, including effectively obscuring his illness from reportage. I guess there was a murmur that he might not be well, but no one expected him to pass on. His visual imagery, the photos and fashion, have always been more striking to me than the music, which never had quite enough grit for me to gain any traction -- not boring, but a sort of twilight sleep effect. But the man moved the culture around on several fronts and will be exerting influence far into the future. David Bowie, RIP.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
A sad day for sure. He was one of the most innovative musicians ever, and a talented actor too. Gonna miss him.
+1 He was great as Tesla in The Prestige. RIP David.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
For here

Am I sitting in a tin can,

Far above the world.

Planet Earth is blue,

And there's nothing I can do.

Though I'm past one hundred thousand miles

I'm feeling very still

And I think my spaceship knows which way to go.

Tell my wife I love her very much— she knows.
Ground Control to Major Tom

Your circuit's dead; there's something wrong,

Can you hear me, Major Tom?

Can you....

Status
Not open for further replies.