PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
Just wondering if any of you have already pre-ordered any of these systems.
I myself pre-ordered the PS4.
xbox-one-vs-ps4-580-75.jpg

barleynbaccy

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
I haven't preordered either but will probably end up with the xbox at some point. Some guys go out and have a beer after work. Us antisocial engineers grab a beer and like to play Forza or COD. We always tell the boss its "team building" exercises. Me and one other guy actually game and we have pc's for that. My 360 is really a COD and netflix box for the most part.

eazy

Lurker
Jul 1, 2013
I pre-ordered PS4 have always gone the Sony route and pick up xbox during price drop

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
We always tell the boss its "team building" exercises
Smart man i need to try that see if the boss will go for it lol
[/quote]I will eventually probably get the PS4, mostly because I already have a PS3.
I have the PS3 also and i love it thats why im keeping both, i rarely play but i like how it doubles as a blue ray player and the PS4 should have lots of more options for entertainment, games, movies, social media etc.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
I do like the keep it civil part of the title. Some of the dumbest arguments I've ever seen online revolve around choice of gaming system. It's a box for playing games on people, have some perspective!!!

lumberjakpipester

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 21, 2012
PS4 all the way, I have both the PS3 and Xbox360, and IMO the ps3 is a clear winner, and I believe the PS4 will be the best consoles for gaming. Since I don't care about sports, dislike EA, and don't have cable service, most of the little gadgets the Xbox one has to offer are useless to me. Not to mention that having a camera connected to the internet in my living room is not exactly my idea of a fun and useful way to interact with my games.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
It's simple to say which one you prefer because it's all bout personal preference I like playstation better for pretty much all the reasons stated above and more. But others like the kinect and ability to talk to anyone during gameplay hell I think it's cool bit it's not something I see myself using often

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Not sure why you need to put Keep it Civil in the title, you are all a bunch of pencil necked geeks. :rofl:
I have never nor will ever play a video game. In my opinion it is the scourge of humanity and the single biggest cause for the downfall of civilized society. They should be abolished and everyone who owns one should be sent to rehab to detox from their games.
By the way, please buy the XBox, I own stock in that company. :lol:

billbearcat

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 3, 2011
I am going to get the PS4. Playstation has always been good. I would already have pre-ordered it, but I haven't found a place that will send it to a FPO address. Just have to wait for the Post Exchange to get them. Plus, I have the PS Vita already. I hope they work together better than the PS3 and PSP.

lumberjakpipester

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 21, 2012
By the way, please buy the XBox, I own stock in that company
I own both Microsoft and Sony stocks, so on that front, I'm covered. Haha

They should be abolished and everyone who owns one should be sent to rehab to detox from their games.
A troll in our ranks?

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Not sure why you need to put Keep it Civil in the title, you are all a bunch of pencil necked geeks.
I have never nor will ever play a video game. In my opinion it is the scourge of humanity and the single biggest cause for the downfall of civilized society. They should be abolished and everyone who owns one should be sent to rehab to detox from their games.
By the way, please buy the XBox, I own stock in that company.
What Harris said... except the part about buying one. To show you how much I know, I thought I was coming here to learn about two new tobacco blends. :crazy:
Pipestud

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
Keeping my existing XBOX 360. I am uncomfortable with the privacy issus with XB1. Also i am not wiling to repurchase all of my games, that will not run on XB1.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Xbox. After a price drop.
Until then I'll be buying all the cheap 360 games and stock piling them. I don't have much time for games. I buy them cheap and play them slow. I'm about 4 years behind. I just started the first Mass Effect.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I'm with Jah76, I just got the 360 last year. Before that, I had my army of original Xboxes (still do, actually). I won't get an Xbox One until it gets closer to the release of Halo 5. I don't see a need to go Sony's route since I've never played any of their non-portable systems.
Harris, you are an old man. You're going to tell me that you never played asteroids in the arcade? I call bullish*t. Everyone played in the arcade. Not everyone played well... Next thing you know you're going to be hollering at us to get off your lawn... :nana: :rofl:
-Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.