Tags:  No tags yet. 

Pipes & Tobacco Magazine

(6 posts)
  • Started 1 month ago by gatorlope
  • Latest reply from gatorlope
  1. gatorlope

gatorlope

Login to Send PM

I recently found out that they published their last magazine this year.
    I’m this is not news to most of you, but I’ve enjoyed the occasional copies that I’ve come across and always meant to subscribe.
    However, I did get lucky enough to find someone who was selling a collection of 42 copies including the premier issue and they should be arriving later this week.
    I’m looking forward to enjoying them, especially since they’ll all be new to me.

I’m just sad to hear that there won’t be any more of them.

Posted 1 month ago #
  2. philobeddoe

Philo Beddoe

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

This was a big loss for the pipe smoking community, please join the NASPC and you will receive The Pipe Collector magazine every other month.

"So it goes." - K.V.
    Posted 1 month ago #
  3. lonestar

lonestar

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Yeah, that sucks ! Lots of great articles over the years. I'm glad Chuck Stanion is still writing though, his Editorial was always a favorite of mine. He is writing articles for http://www.smokingpipes.com now, he is as off the wall and hilarious as ever.

-Ryan Alden
    Posted 1 month ago #
  4. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

That was an amazing publication in terms of production and quality writing. I can't think it was profitable or high circulation, so it was a labor of love. I especially like the piece in the last, or one of the last issues, on George Hoffmann, owner of Pipes by George in Raleigh, N.C. But everything was so well photographed, laid out, written, printed and bound. It was done like Vanity Fair or some of the other quality glossy magazines. We shall not see its like again. Pipes Magazine is the premier publication, online of course, so far as I can see.

Posted 1 month ago #
  5. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It is a real shame they went under. I just renewed my membership to the NASPC news letter. For 21 bucks it is well worth it.

Harris
    Posted 1 month ago #
  6. gatorlope

gatorlope

Login to Send PM

NASPC is new to me, but I took a look at their site and expect to join as well.

Posted 1 month ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   cdmjr, jaytex969, georged, cortezattic, lukasstrifeson