Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gatorlope

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 5, 2019
South Florida
I recently found out that they published their last magazine this year.

I’m this is not news to most of you, but I’ve enjoyed the occasional copies that I’ve come across and always meant to subscribe.

However, I did get lucky enough to find someone who was selling a collection of 42 copies including the premier issue and they should be arriving later this week.

I’m looking forward to enjoying them, especially since they’ll all be new to me.
I’m just sad to hear that there won’t be any more of them.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
This was a big loss for the pipe smoking community, please join the NASPC and you will receive The Pipe Collector magazine every other month.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Yeah, that sucks ! Lots of great articles over the years. I'm glad Chuck Stanion is still writing though, his Editorial was always a favorite of mine. He is writing articles for www.smokingpipes.com now, he is as off the wall and hilarious as ever.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That was an amazing publication in terms of production and quality writing. I can't think it was profitable or high circulation, so it was a labor of love. I especially like the piece in the last, or one of the last issues, on George Hoffmann, owner of Pipes by George in Raleigh, N.C. But everything was so well photographed, laid out, written, printed and bound. It was done like Vanity Fair or some of the other quality glossy magazines. We shall not see its like again. Pipes Magazine is the premier publication, online of course, so far as I can see.

Status
Not open for further replies.