PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawnofthedead

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 5, 2015
Aside from collecting pipes, I recently started collect pipe tools. I have several already, Vauen, Big Ben, Neerup, Dunhill, and the one I like the most is a Nording tamper. What's your favourite pipe tamper?

dulgunz

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2015
All of my Tampers are the ones that I made out of various wood species with many different caliber ammo cartridges. If I was forced to pick one, it would be the eastern red cedar (linseed oil soaked) with a 458 SoCom cartridge.

bonehed

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 27, 2014
I have a couple made from briar scraps but I mostly use a finger despite carrying something like this, unbranded... found on eBay.

dunhillpipeaccessories20182.jpg

shawnofthedead

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 5, 2015
I have a couple made from briar scraps but I mostly use a finger despite carrying something like this, unbranded... found on eBay.
That reminds of a Stanwell tamper.

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
The only one I have is the one that came with my Sav GDO. It's pretty small and I never use it.

calabashed

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 10, 2015
My favorite is this one I got from SmokingPipes:
http://www.smokingpipes.com/accessories/pipe-supplies/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=159068
MGID2m4.jpg

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
I have a bit of a tamper fetish and have collected several over the last couple years. I have quite a few store bought ones and just as many self made ones. Some are hand carved/shaped and some are spent cartridge casing in one form or another and several trusty pipe nails and Czech tools. If I had to pick a favourite I'd say that my pewter Peterson Sherlock Holmes tamper is my current favourite. :puffy:

drezz01

Can't Leave
Dec 1, 2014
I have an 8deco I got from smoking pipes that works fantastically. I bought it with my kiribi kabuto lighter; they've really completed the ritual of a fine smoking experience. It's got a concave foot with air holes: it makes nice little mounds of ash and it's easier to keep the pipe lit while tamping. Recently I've purchased another one from aliexpress which has a cap that unscrews to reveal a bit of a pick. I've been using my czech tool still to remove the dottle and ash at the end of my smoke so I'm thinking the pick will be a nice addition.
Bah! Haha! I was just looking up pictures of the 8deco to post and noticed one of my current model; unscrewed containing a pick. Checked and yup, my current one unscrews as well. Face to palm.
Having the business end unscrew is sort of messy though as it collects ash. The collapsible ones like bonhed has shown are nice in that regard, especially if you're mobile. Keeps the ash contained and not lining your pockets.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
I have an 8deco I got from smoking pipes that works fantastically.
I'm expecting two 8deco bamboo tampers today. I'm looking forward to using them. Just over $3.00 each is not a bad price at all. If they work out, I'll probably get some of the better ones and retire my old tampers.

Mar 1, 2014
...or the yellow Aristocob patented Golf Tee. Both work great!!
I just want to clarify that the patent video was a joke. It wasn't 'till I read the comments that I realized it, at which point I got a good laugh. Great April Fools joke by Aristacob.
I would say "Patented" Golf Tee just to give the hint.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pJWqGp0d75M

Status
Not open for further replies.