PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2014
I'm still mostly using twigs, thumbs and the bottom of my Bic, but I was given a very nice tamper once and I love using it with my Ferndown Bulldog Churchwarden, and I bought one of those push-button extending tampers (sold under many names, but this one was under the Vauen brand at Smokingpipes). I like the extending tamper because it keeps the dirty end from rubbing off on everything.

rblood

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 2, 2015
Over time I have bought or have been gifted a bunch of tampers. The last was a Laguiole Pipe knife/tool which looks beautiful. But, for some reason I always go back to just a simple 1/2" wood dowel I have had for years (actually the handle of a disposable foam pain brush). Love the look of all the fancy tampers, but nothing seems to displace the finger or the 1/2 dowel for me.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
I received my 8Deco Bamboo tampers today and their the best I've ever used. They create a tobacco dome in the center which aids in keeping the tobacco lit. Each bowl I've smoked has smoked to the bottom with no relights and that is extraordinary to me since I generally have to relight 3 times using other tampers. I'll definitely be ordering some of the other 8Deco tampers in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.