Pipe Gift From Wife

(13 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by JJ Pipes
  • Latest reply from delkhouri
  1. mrjerke

JJ Pipes

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

So my wife was kind enough to say she would buy me a pipe for Christmas. Overjoyed I asked "Well what's my limit!?!" She responded $50. Convinced there wasn't a pipe I could find in that range that I would enjoy I set out looking anyways.

After a few weeks I finally found this one and it came today. At $52, it's a Savinelli Trevi 616KS. Nothing fancy, but looks like it will be a solid smoker. At 3 oz it's quite hefty but I was in the market for a chubby looking pipe. I've been interested in the Radice Chubby Aerobilliard. Also the same pipe sells for over $80 at SPC so I think that's quite a deal.

Included in my order were some new to me McClelland blends. The Beacon, Boston 1776, and Pebblecut were also all dated to 2010 which was a nice surprise! The Brindle Flake is a 2012.

Well off to fire it up! Oh and for those wondering I picked this up off CI. Always been good to me and I love getting tobacco from there, because it tends to arrive already aged!

Jordan

"The trick is to enjoy life. Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead." - Marjorie Pay Hinckley
    Posted 5 years ago #
  2. spartan

Spartan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

At first I thought that your pipe had diamonds, or clear stones, set in the band. Silly lighting tricks.

Looks like a good pipe. 3ounces you say? My word that is a heavyweight!

"I was born to lose. So I'll die to win." -Breaking Benjamin
    Posted 5 years ago #
  3. mrjerke

JJ Pipes

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Yeah I got sick of wearing my wedding ring so I had it attached to my pipe. Wouldn't that be something!

Posted 5 years ago #
  4. theboz

theboz

Login to Send PM

I have a billiard Sav Trevi, wonderful smoker. Hope yours is just as enjoyable.

“There are two types of people; those who come into a room and say, "Well, here I am!" and those who come in and say, "Ah, there you are."-Unknown
    Posted 5 years ago #
  5. ssjones

ssjones

Mod

Login to Send PM

I love chubby bend billiards. And that slim silver ring! Enjoy!

Al

Posted 5 years ago #
  6. tuold

tuold

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Yeah, that's my kind of pipe! Enjoy!

The pipe is an instrument of civilization.
    Posted 5 years ago #
  7. burlpettibon

burlpettibon

Login to Send PM

I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of the Brindle Flake. I enjoy it quite a bit

Posted 5 years ago #
  8. puffy

puffy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It's a very pretty pipe.

Life's most valuable treasure is..Love
    Posted 5 years ago #
  9. petes03

petes03

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Very nice! Savinelli and McClelland...... Always a good combination!

Posted 5 years ago #
  10. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Snazzy. I like pricey pipes as well as anyone, but it is instructional to see what you can get for a modest set figure.
    This illustrates that the answer is, a whole lot if you shop carefully. This is a really nice package -- good shaping,
    handsome briar, nice flow to the design, and the nifty touch of a dazzling bright band. Savenelli is well positioned
    to pull this off. They have their Autograph series for those who desire a $700 pipe, but they aren't afraid to do a
    knock-out presentation in a modestly priced pipe. They aren't trying to shoulder you to the next price level. They
    know what they have, and they know what they're doing. And look what they can do! Yowza! Bravo. What a great
    life-long gift from your wife. That is a kind of wedding band on there -- more power to you both.

Posted 5 years ago #
  11. hodirty

hodirty

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Congrats! I love my two Savs, and I hope yours smokes just as well as mine. Enjoy.

I have some friends, some honest friends, and honest friends are few; My pipe of briar, my open fire, A book that's not too new.
    Robert W. Service
    Posted 5 years ago #
  12. tobyducote

NOLA Cajun

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Nice new pipe

Posted 5 years ago #
  13. delkhouri

delkhouri

Login to Send PM

That is a nice looking savinelli, Especially for $50. As for the tobacco I have only had The Irish Flake and it was decent. I have wanted to try those ashton blends but haven't yet. Be sure to post your thoughts on them all and how the pipe smokes.

"I believe that many who find that 'nothing happens' when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a tough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand"
    ~ C.S. Lewis
    Posted 5 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   donjgiles, mindglue, jfred, jabomano, jojoc, oldgeezersmoker, mikethompson, greeneyes, craig61a, jravenwood