PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrjerke

Lifer
Jun 10, 2013
Midwest
So my wife was kind enough to say she would buy me a pipe for Christmas. Overjoyed I asked "Well what's my limit!?!" She responded $50. Convinced there wasn't a pipe I could find in that range that I would enjoy I set out looking anyways.
After a few weeks I finally found this one and it came today. At $52, it's a Savinelli Trevi 616KS. Nothing fancy, but looks like it will be a solid smoker. At 3 oz it's quite hefty but I was in the market for a chubby looking pipe. I've been interested in the Radice Chubby Aerobilliard. Also the same pipe sells for over $80 at SPC so I think that's quite a deal.
Included in my order were some new to me McClelland blends. The Beacon, Boston 1776, and Pebblecut were also all dated to 2010 which was a nice surprise! The Brindle Flake is a 2012.
Well off to fire it up! Oh and for those wondering I picked this up off CI. Always been good to me and I love getting tobacco from there, because it tends to arrive already aged!
IMG_1282_zpsf119df09.jpg

IMG_1283_zps93ed0bce.jpg

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
At first I thought that your pipe had diamonds, or clear stones, set in the band. Silly lighting tricks.
Looks like a good pipe. 3ounces you say? My word that is a heavyweight!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Snazzy. I like pricey pipes as well as anyone, but it is instructional to see what you can get for a modest set figure.

This illustrates that the answer is, a whole lot if you shop carefully. This is a really nice package -- good shaping,

handsome briar, nice flow to the design, and the nifty touch of a dazzling bright band. Savenelli is well positioned

to pull this off. They have their Autograph series for those who desire a $700 pipe, but they aren't afraid to do a

knock-out presentation in a modestly priced pipe. They aren't trying to shoulder you to the next price level. They

know what they have, and they know what they're doing. And look what they can do! Yowza! Bravo. What a great

life-long gift from your wife. That is a kind of wedding band on there -- more power to you both.

delkhouri

Can't Leave
May 4, 2013
Columbus Ohio
That is a nice looking savinelli, Especially for $50. As for the tobacco I have only had The Irish Flake and it was decent. I have wanted to try those ashton blends but haven't yet. Be sure to post your thoughts on them all and how the pipe smokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.